“Greatest Family Dinner Ever”
Review of El Rancho

El Rancho
Ranked #2 of 45 Restaurants in Nuevo Laredo
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

It was the first time my husband was visiting Mexico we met up with with my family for dinner. The place was great as you first walk in the ambience was very welcoming authentic decor real mariachi were playing music, cold beer they're salsa was delicious home made and warm. The food was delicious juicy cuts of steak. The tortillas homemade and warm. It was so good we decided to come again for brunch the next day. I was impressed they had a buffet and a lady making hand made tortillas and quesadillas made to order, posole, menudo. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 11 January 2017

Service is great, meats are soft and for meats are freshly made. Well even the I they put on the table are with the totopos are great

Reviewed 11 October 2016

Its been about 25 yrs since I came last to Nuevo Laredo, my mum and grandma used to come here frequently, they kept talking about this place (their last visit about 5 yrs ago) so we went there, They kept talking about their fantastic norteño style cabrito, we settled in, the place was packed, therefore service was slow, they brought salsas and totopos, both salsas were absolutely flavorless and not spicy at all, we ordered some choriqueso, chicharron and guacamole with corn tortillas, the tortillas were good, fresh made, the chicharron was ok the guacamole was no guacamole, it was a simple mushed avocado again with no flavor what so ever.
Ordered our entries, I ordered the cabrito, The size of the portion was very nice, a nice piece of breast, it looked delicious, cooked to perfection, didn't even need a knife to cut it, when it reached my mouth, no flavor... looks nice, well cooked but no flavor.
The place is not worth it.

Reviewed 19 August 2016

My wife and I visit frequently and have always enjoyed the food and the entertainment. Service is great and the beer is cold.

Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

It's the place to go for breakfast in Nov Laredo on weekends. Also the best carnitas and chicharron in town.