“The place to stay when in Ciudad Juarez!”

LQ Hotel by La Quinta Cd Juarez Near US Consulate
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Ciudad Juarez
Chicago, Illinois
“The place to stay when in Ciudad Juarez!”
Reviewed 6 March 2011

My husband and I stayed here for our visit in Ciudad Juarez. We were concerned for many reasons based on what is heard from this city, but I definitely have to say that La Quinta made us feel very comfortable. The staff was very courteous and friendly from the moment we arrived until we left. We stayed for one week and would recommend it 100%. We really appreciated the complimentary breakfast and free transportation to our appointments. I also found it to be very secure, being that it is gated and security present all hours. We have to return in the near future and I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
7 Thank P259
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 12 October 2010

This hotel is a great place to stay in Juarez, if you are travelling for immigration purposes. There is free transportation to the medical appts, immigration interview, and other needs within a few miles of the hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful. They also provided transportation to the airport when I left. The free continental breakfast and free wireless internet saved me so much money. This is a great location, and I felt safe and comfortable during my stay.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
7 Thank Wifey777_10
danville, CA
Reviewed 4 October 2010

We came to Juarez for a visa appointment at the US consulate and we very nervous about our stay in this notoriously dangerous city. We took a $20 taxi from the airport and arrived at the hotel in about 10 mins. The hotel is about 5 mins from the consulate with a grocery store as the next closest building. The staff is very helpful and accommodating (if you need something just ask). The shuttle service is excellent, free and available all day and into the night. We saved a lot of money in taxis thanks to the shuttle! The rooms are very clean and well-appointed, the beds are comfortable, flat screen TVs and tubs in every room. There is a pool, parking, fast wireless internet and free buffet style continental breakfast (though no lunch or dinner, many local fast food places will deliver-Dennys, pizza, etc)..Booking on their site got us a very good rate. All in all made for a comfortable and relaxing stay in an otherwise nerve wracking place ;-)

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
9 Thank arikali
Louisiana
Reviewed 14 June 2009

My fiancée, her 9 year old daughter, and I stayed in this wonderful hotel for 11 days because of our visit to the American Embassy. I never hand out compliments, NEVER!
***BUT THIS HOTEL DESERVERS MY BEST COMPLIMENTS !!!***

We stayed there because of its location which is about a 15 minute easy walk to the Consulate and Medical Center. The hotel has a shuttle van that will take you to the consulate, medical center, and to ANY reasonable location you want to go at no charge so there is no need to walk. Juarez as you may know has become a dangerous city. I must say we felt extremely safe there. They have security there that logs every vehicle in and out as they enter or leave the hotel.

Its location is just down the street from Wal Mart and Sam's club. We walked to an upscale grocery store/cafe/deli type establishment called S-Mart which was about a 5 minute walk from the hotel to get groceries and lunches. Our room had a frig and microwave that made it good to keep cold drinks and to warm a few things to eat. (By the way this hotel has a wonderful continental breakfast at no charge that is great) Its location is within a few minutes of ANYTHING you may need.

The airport is about a 15-20 minute drive across the city. The hotel shuttle will take you there at no charge and they take you when you need to go. Their shuttle is at your convenience, it's not on a timed run. When you need to go somewhere, you let them know and if the shuttle is not on another run they take you to your destination within a few minutes.

The rooms were fresh, clean, quiet, comfortable, modern ( I think this is a new hotel) Everything was always clean and fresh... from the pool to the dining area, from the lobby all the way to the third floor! ALWAYS!

I can honestly say the management and staff members are absolutely wonderful! We would meet some of them away from the hotel in some of the local markets and they were very very kind to us. If we had any questions or problems they were always kind and gracious when helping us. You expect to be treated well at the hotel because you are paying for good service, but when you are treated kindly by the staff when not at the hotel that speaks very well of the people. I have NEVER been treated better by ANY other hotel! These people have an A++ #1 rating in my book !

If you need to go to Juarez to do business at the American Consulate this is the place to stay. I fully recommend it!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
10 Thank IAmMello
El
Reviewed 7 August 2008

I really enjoyed my stay at La Quinta, the staff was very helpful and they were always one step ahead of what we neded. The rooms are big and comfortable, they told me that the hotel is brand new so every thing was great. I recomendet.

• Liked — The exelent service
  • Disliked — Nothing, every thing was great
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank MrMena