“Good ”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

I came here one week ago, to be honest I didn't feel that welcomed when I arrived, and I don't have a scruffy look or anything like that. After 20 minutes of waiting for a table (which by the way, the had available since the beginning), I finally sat down but in the end I moved to the upper part of the restaurant. With tried the black paella which it was really good, also the chinchulines. Not sure I will come back but, it was OK.

Reviewed 14 August 2016

Was recently referred to the Plascencia Group for excelent selections of restaurants in Tijuana. Well established group headed by Baja-Med Chef Javier Plascencia, this restaurant presents the overall best the family has to offer. While Mision 19 heads the group list of several restaurants in Tijuana, Valle de Guadalupe and San Diego, including Caesers on Revolucion, Casa Plascencia has been often noted by friends as the most consistent and varied in dishes available.

Chichulines and ajo blanco with fresh bread to start, and bebidas well presented, we were off to a great start. Plates included arroz negro, a black wild rice dish loaded with pulpo and calimare, lingua in a wine sauce (Madeira) and fettuccine alfredo with camarone in an actual cheese sauce. All plated by the chef in proper serving sizes and each delicious in their own way as opposed to having a common thread in flavor found in so many chain restaurants.

Service - also excellent. That said, as a left handed person I tend to place cutlery and drinks to my left. This was disrupted by the assistant masero a couple times who moved my place settings to the right side of my seat. Our primary server was very pleasant and very attentive, ensuring the meal was a joy for all with each serving.

Dessserts were delicious and apparently not frozen excepting the ice creams. Creme de broulee, mousse and others including fresh warm churros were a fine finish to a mid-day birthday celebration.

This is an upper mid-range restaurant in Tijuana, probably kid friendly although very young youngsters may be out of place. While a selection of mariscos are offered it is not seen as a seafood location.

Reviewed 13 June 2016

We usually go to Mision 19, their sister restaurant which we love. This one is quite different. More traditional Spanish and Mexican food. I did not enjoy my trout, but people in the party had a seafood platter and a tongue dish, which they said was excellent. The waiters were very efficient. They had a trio playing and singing old Mexican music. Very nice atmospere.

Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

We have dined here a few times. The octopus appetizer and jamon serrano are very good.

We love their salads and the red snapper.

Service is always good!

Reviewed 14 January 2016

This is the real deal with entrees from all over the country prepared with imagination and style. Think home cooking at its best and definitely not a typical taco joint. Outstanding "Old Mexico Hacienda" atmosphere, excellent service and a great variety of traditional dishes.

Repeat visitor many times over the years and only one average disapointment in all that time.

1  Thank TequilaJunction