All reviews great hosts fishing village nice pool dale units sea cortez town
Reviewed 18 March 2011

We decided to go down to baja for the Score baja 250. I wanted my wife to come with me and experience the beauty of Mexico and share in my hobby. She was very reluctant and did not think it was safe or that she would enjoy herself.

Thank God I found Casa La Vida and Bobbie and Dale. They made the trip a fantastic, safe and enjoyable trip.

I had requested some local wines be ready in the room for my wife and that maybe a massage for my wife could be arranged for Sunday. Bobbie came through and had everything arranged and ready when we arrived.

Not only did we enjoy the surroundings of Casa La Vida but we found new friends in others that enjoyed their stay while we where there and enjoyed the company of all our new friends.

I would recommend staying here if your a veteran of Baja travels or a first time visitor.

Date of stay: March 2011
2  Thank skispeed
Reviewed 25 October 2010

This was the second year in a row that we celebrated my wife's birthday at Casa La Vida.
Bobbie, Dale & little Auggie (their dog), made us again feel like one of the family. It is a clean, safe place to spend a few days relaxing around the pool. Our unit was spacious & very comfy. The owners are gracious,friendly & knowledgable about all things in San Felipe. Two hour drive from Mexicali was scenic & without incident. Don't believe all that you hear about Mexico. San Felipe & northern Baja is a safe place to visit. In fact we always spend a few hours buying necessities in Mexicali before heading south. You can find anything that you might need for a few relaxing days. All the people are helpful & kind. Visit Casa & San Felipe for a memorable experience!

Date of stay: October 2010
1  Thank Joange7
Reviewed 22 October 2010

I was lucky enough to be introduced to La Casa Vida by friends. What a find. Located about a 2 minute walk to the Sea of Cortez, just south of San Felipe, The owners, Bobbie and Dale have a great deal of knowledge about the area and what is happening.
The 3 rental units are top quality. The weekend I was there there were only 3 people staying so the 16' x 32' pool was just for us. The kitchen area in our rooms were perfect. What a place to relax. We were even treated to free music from the hotel on the beach.

If you have a chance to visit Mexico this is the place to stay. I feel safer here than on the streets of San Francisco/Oakland.

Date of stay: October 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Staricry
Reviewed 4 October 2009

If you are looking for a beautiful place to stay in San Felipe, BC this is it! We couldn't have had a better experience for our first trip to Baja. The hosts are friendly, considerate, and informative. They will make every effort to see that you have a great vacation. We had a most relaxing time just staying at the suite, hitting the beaches, and exploring the area .Thanks to Bobbie and Dale's referral, going fishing with one of the locals, Raul was the best! The pool area is well maintained with spectacular sunrises and the views cannot be beat. The Desert Suite is perfect for 2 people. Very clean, quite, and secure. We will definitely return and stay at Casa LaVida!

Date of stay: September 2009
2  Thank Whitecapps
Reviewed 8 July 2009

This was our third time at this location. The site is kept very well throughout the years. The owners are very pleasant. Our room size was good enough for a family of 4. The rooms and facility are clean. A must thing to do is get a message as Lucia gives the best messages. Its just a beautiful site and amazing views.

We didn’t encounter any problems with security or safety while we were in San Felipe or Mexicali.

Date of stay: April 2009