All reviews puerto nuevo infinity pool lobster dinner american breakfast stayed in a junior suite gorgeous views get away view of the ocean rosarito beach jacuzzi pedicure baja mexico chimney palapa rocks tubs
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel at least once a year for the past 5 years. The reason I stay here is because it is pretty safe, and its right next door to my favorite restaurant Baja Calypso.

This year I had a few issues. Their booking process for the weekend has become rediculous. You have to book 2 days on their website on the weekend. I tried also calling, but the person who answered hung up on me twice. I had a friend call in Spanish and she said they were booked solid, and they would have to book all weekend. I wrote in about being hung up on and the manager tried to call me back, but I was at work. I ended up being able to book later online.

Second, I get this is a beach place, but the once over cleaning and non repair of the place is getting tired. There was an ant nation in my bathroom. I took pictures after I went at them with a can of hairspray. I was at a point in my trip where it was time to leave for the evening, so I could not ask someone to clean or get a new room. It is clear they were coming from the tile disrepair in the tile on the wall.

Rooms on the weekend are 129 a night with tax for a regular room. That is in USD. For that price, I would like to see a little more quality in the future.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2018

We hadn't been to Las Rocas for 20 years. But it really hadn't changed. At all. The once luxurious rooms are now merely nice and a bit dated. The pool is lovely and extends out over the cliff, but it's small now by modern standards and it looks like the adjacent volleyball sand courts and taco bar haven't been open in a while.
That said, our huge suite had a fire place and a soaking tub on the deck. And a bar. We wanted a 2-bedroom unit for 3 ladies on a getaway, we got a penthouse-style top unit with an adjoining one-bedroom suite down half-a-flight.
Most other visitors were millenials on quick get-aways, in our 60s we had to be the oldest people in the place. But it wasn't noisy, and we enjoyed sitting at the palapa hut bar listening to a duet croon Mexican music. The food was fine, the breakfasts on the patio were ample, and for the price, it was more than okay!

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank Olygirl2003
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

A bit confused on my stay. Good & Bad. Hotel itself needs a little TLC. Beds were comfy, walls were thin & you could hear everything.. I mean everything! The sound of the ocean was great but the noise of the highway not so great. Breakfast was good on sat morning, brunch was ok. View was beautiful & I think that made up for the inside. Nothing really close, you do have to drive out of the hotel for anything. Towels in the room were slim, and make sure you take all your toiletries including hairdryer. Staff was very nice the encounters we did have. Pool was fantastic with music. We didn't try the spa but I heard it was Amazing by some people we met. If you like to be right on the beach this hotel is not for you, if you want to relax the day away, give it a shot. Parking is a bit of a challenge but safe with guard on duty. The view from our room was beautiful.. And the Jacuzzi was actually nice and hot!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ella811
Reviewed 21 June 2018

This resort in an older building (little long in the tooth), but the staff is great! Very Clean everywhere, great landscaping, great reasonably priced food (and rooms),. 2 hot tubs and pools. Sunday buffet was really good! Visited with son and granddaughter for 5 days. felt safe for kids too.Will definitely be going back (with rest of extended family)

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank travelingVA_11
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Beautiful sea views, beautiful pools, good food, good service, friendly and helpful. Right near a surfing beach. Other visits require car or taxi. Public transport not an option as far as we could see.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family