Review Highlights
Snorkeling with Sea Lions!?!! Yes, please!

Reviewed 2 days ago
surfak
Great day on the water

ClearWaters
Alaska

All reviews rene capitan antonio fishing baja tours cortez dolphins sea
Reviewed 2 days ago

A panga trip to Coronado Island is a MUST-DO while you're in Loreto. But be sure to do it with a top-notch outfit and guide. My husband and I did two trips while we were here. The first was blah, but the second one with Daniel at Baja Penisula Adventures was AMAZING! Do not underestimate the importance of a fluent English speaking guide. We requested Daniel, who totally catered the trip to what we wanted to do, which was snorkel and see wildlife. He is an outstanding captain who even rescued a vessel-in-distress during our trip.
Booking this trip was easy and just involved calling Rene at BPA. The day of your trip she meets you at the local harbor right on the malecón (she will even direct you to the best food truck in Loreto). She introduces you to your captain and you're off, zipping across the pristine azul waters! Our captain spotted dolphins way off in the distance, and they were playing right next to our panga before we knew it. We then went to an advanced area to snorkel, and finally it was SEA LION TIME!!! This is one of those only-in-Mexico experiences, it's not for everybody, but Daniel advises you how to do it safely. It was incredible to watch these beautiful creatures---closer than in an aquarium!!! We continued our tour around the island, seeing lots of other things we missed the first time, like bird nests. Then we went ashore to the white sand beach. From here you can go on a 10 minute hike to the other side of the island, eat lunch, and snorkel with massive schools of sardines. This area is beginner friendly.
We brought our own snorkel gear. In November the water is getting cooler and I was glad to have a shorty wetsuit so I could stay out longer. Be sure to bring towels for drying off or wrapping around you if you get cold.
We had a plane to catch so we compressed this trip into 3 hrs. I think 5 hrs would have been ideal with a bigger lunch and more beverages OR a stop at La Picazón restaurant on the way back to the harbor.. This was one of our favorite days in Loreto.

Reviewed 3 days ago

Great tour of Coronado with Daniel! Met Rene, the owner/manager, and Daniel, one the guides, at a local restaurant and booked a trip! Both of them are awesome! Great day of dolphins, sea lions, snorkelling. If you like deeper water and don't go with Daniel, make sure to ask to snorkel on the back side of Coronado. The white sand beaches are great for shallow snorkeling and for families.

Reviewed 3 days ago

We were introduced to Rene and were immediately grateful for the recommendation of Baja Peninsula Adventures; Rene is a conscientious business owner and cares very much about creating great experiences.
A buddy and I took both the tour out to the island (crystal blue waters, gorgeous white-sand beach and a rainbow of fish) and we went fishing on another day-where we caught dorado, jack tuna, a needle fish (very interesting) and-unplanned-a 165 lb sailfish. I cannot rate the experience with Rene’s crew or with her anything less than AWESOME!

Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I had 2 tours through Rene and Baja Peninsula Adventure - El Captain Daniel was excellent -we snorkelled crystal clear waters and saw many species of aquatic creatures. We also were joined by approx 200 bottle nose dolphins that seemed to be having as much fun as we were. Sea lions, whales, beautiful white sandy beaches in lovely bays, we saw it all thanks to Rene and Daniel

Jeff and Karen
Victoria B.C

Reviewed 1 week ago

if You want fun, if you want adventures and super fun staff, then Baja Peninsula Adventure Tours Is the one. I have had nothing but great times with this Company.
My fishing experience was amazing with Paco and Rene, and the snorkeling trips with Daniel where epic. Made some great friendships along the way.

Reviewed 25 September 2018

Friends- open this article and scroll for fishing reports. You will see Timmy and Paco in the Loreto section.
We are home today today from our first time visiting Loreto, Baja CA in the Sea of Cortez. Truly amazing. Jacques Cousteau called this magical place "the world's aquarium" and we can see why. Thank you to Rene Olinger, and Paco Collins- Baja Peninsula Tours for your expert nautical and land guiding. Just can't say enough about how knowledgeable, and fun it was to hang out with you and meet the local Loretoans. I will be thinking of the great conversations, magical sunrises, the best meals and the beautiful landscapes. Many blessings to all and thank you again. See you soon:)

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

We booked thru Rene she was excellent. And fished with Antoino on his new Panga. It had Honda 4 strike engine in good condition. We are experienced fisherman and Antonio was a very skilled captain. We yld him we wanted roosterfish and he had live bait and found us roosterfish. I’m ready to go back with Antonio again soon. Excellent!

Reviewed 31 May 2018

I fly to Baja regularly doing medical humanitarian work with Flying Samaritans. Decided to add some fishing to my trip on May16. I contacted Rene on fairly short notice and she and her expert guides did not disappoint . I and three others in my party caught four beautiful yellowtail in the first four hours. She kept our fillets cold for us on ice while we did our medical work the following two days and we returned home with great memories and wonderful fresh fish. I'm going back to fish again in June. Rene, here we come!

Baja-Girl2014, Owner at Baja Peninsula Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Thanks Gary! It was a pleasure meeting you and look forward to the next trip. Thank you for all you do to bring much needed medical care to our beloved Baja. You rock!

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

We booked two trips with Rene. She was very helpful in setting up different aspects of our trip to Loreto. Our fishing trip with Paco as our guide was amazing. Paco is very knowledgeable and put us on the yellowtail. Fishing was pretty slow, so we only got 1 fish. We very much enjoyed our trip. The second trip was an island tour and fishing with Tito as our guide. Coronado was amazing, we saw sealions, seabirds, and a finback whale. We snorkeled the reefs near the white sandy beaches, it was amazing. Tito as a guide was ok. Didn't seem to be too tuned in as a fishing guide, but was knowledgeable of the area.

1  Thank Justin P
Reviewed 16 February 2018

Rene in Loreto is top-notch! She helped us arrange our recent vacation to Loreto and kept in touch with us the entire visit to offer her help and advise. She fished with me one day and we had another wonderful day with Paco on a Coronado Island visit and picnic.

We found a new good friend in Loreto and would highly recommend her and her company. Thanks Rene.

1  Thank Mike V