All reviews magnificent view of the bay condo style hotel fantastic owners big balcony humming birds well stocked kitchen awesome breakfast ocean front stay in la paz comfortable beds secure parking linda cortez electricity tres bcs plants
Reviewed 16 April 2018

Our family of 5 (three adults, two children) and a family of our friends (2 adults and three kids) stayed in two separate rooms during the holiday season 2017 -2018. Each family had a two bedroom suit with two bathrooms.
This is not a typical hotel, it felt more like a resort condo. The rooms were spacious, well maintained. We had our own well-stocked kitchen, if there was something missing, we asked and the owners provided it very fast. A few small plumbing problems were resolved promptly. Drinking water was provided.
The hotel is 2 min walking distance to the ocean front and 10 min walking to the center of the town. There are a plenty of excellent restaurants nearby.
Good breakfast was provided daily next to the pool area. It was good, fresh and nutritious, got somewhat tired of it after 7 days, wish there was a little more variety, but overall breakfast experience was very good
The owners are friendly people, gave us a few tips about the area, we followed their suggestions and were very happy we did. They certainly know the area and are a good source of information. I got stung by a sting ray on December 25th, the owner gave me an advice out of his personal experience and provided addresses of the doctors and hospitals (I ended up fine, did not need to visit a doctor).
The ocean views are excellent, cannot wish any better. Never tried the pool (looked clean), we had too much fun at the beach.
Are we planning to come back? Absolutely! We loved BCS and our experience at this hotel.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2018

My father and I spent five nights at this hotel and could not have been more pleased. Amazing views, great breakfasts, and a chance to meet and get to know the wonderful owners and staff. I have a special place in my heart for Las Gaviotas! I highly recommend it to all!

Room tip: Top floor has the vest views
Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2017

Great view and beautiful 2 beds apartment, spacious, with comfortable beds, kitchen and living room. Very safe environment.The location is great, near restaurants and great for a morning walks. The hotel staff were so friendly, Erica always greeted us in the morning with a smile and ready to prepare our eggs the way we wanted. Awesome breakfast!! Linda, the owner was beyond pleasant. She made sure we had everything to make our stay in La Paz enjoyable. This was my first time in La Paz and I can't wait to come back! I highly recommend Las Gaivotas!!!

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank nedosreis
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Las Gaviotas was an excellent hotel choice for our stay in La Paz! It’s located near the Malecón, restaurants, and shops, and when our friends wanted to join us, there was plenty of room in the two bedroom, two bath suite. The four of us had a fun time! The owners couldn’t be more accommodating and helpful with directions and suggestions for things to do. The sunsets from the balcony were spectacular as were the full moon rising over the hills. We are already planning our trip next year!

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2017

You cannot get a better location in La Paz! And what a view! Full two bed/two bath apartments, but managed very well as a hotel. Within a short (5 min) walk to some of the best dining in La Paz (Nim, Sartis, Tres Virgines, DoceCuarenta). Secure parking and comfortable beds! Will definitely return. A couple concerns- while the parking is very secure, ingress and egress can be a challenge. Also we were a little disappointed to see that the pool was a little murky. But did I mention great view, location and bed!!!

Date of stay: August 2017