All reviews master suite the cleaning crew shrimp tempura super attentive red snapper room service hotel restaurant catch of the day tacos breakfast was included private balcony small fridge view of the bay stayed one night coffee maker pollo minute drive
Reviewed 24 October 2018

Service is slow. Received our room 1 hour after the committed time. Not knowing we were already in the room, someone from maintenance walked into the room without knocking. The jacuzzi was missing pieces and the TV stopped working so someone from maintenance had to come up to fix those issues. At the time of booking, it was not mentioned that there would be a wedding, there was music until 2-3 AM right outside our room, after the wedding they started working on taking everything down at 4 AM with loud banging on metal and other noises, after that at 9 AM the music started all over again. We expressed all our concerns to the front desk, she was helpful and listened carefully, we wished all the people working there would have listened to us the same way, sadly not much was done. Overall the place is very nice and and at times calm, but the service was most definitely not what we expected from a 5 star hotel.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank lauramF7427GK
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Most amazing front desk staff! Very welcoming, accommodating, and extremely helpful! If all your staff work as hard as her, I definitely want to stay again! I highly recommend trying this property :-)

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2018

Service is slow. We didn’t get sheets for the pull out bed. After waiting 45 minutes, my husband went down to get them. They came with a comforter and pillows, no sheets. I kept telling the cleaning lady not to come and clean my room, its a habit I have, trying to save water and time for the cleaning crew. I just asked they bring me bottles of water and towels. At one point, we run out of toilet paper, when we asked for a roll o toilet paper, the hotel was out. They didn’t have toilet paper til the next day. We went to have lunch one day at 1150am, the waiter told us we couldn’t order lunch for 10-20 minutes. As we wait there to order, another table gets four burgers and fries.... Service was bad or good depending on person. Also, they rent the hotel for events. Friday they had a quinceanera with the music blasting til midnight.Front desk people were good all the time. We would never stay there again.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank clausfergie
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

This Hotel has a great location. I loved that the room has 2floors. The service was fantastic, everyone was super attentive and nice. Checking was simple in my experience and easy check out.

The main entrance of the room had spacious bathroom, little sit area with a great bed! The bed was king size and it was so comfortable. You have a desk a big mirror, tv and a coffee maker. A small fridge and enough space for luggage and to put clothing. You have a balcony where you can have coffee or just a great chat with an amazing view. You get to enjoy the sound of waives and the pool view.

The second floor had another bathroom with shower, a sit area to have dinner or just enjoy a chat. A jacuzzi with the ocean view.

Breakfast was included, make sure your not in a rush when you go to have your meal. They cook everything fresh so may take 20-30min depending on the crowd. There’s outdoor and indoor sitting. I really enjoyed the chilaquiles rojos and verdes. Fresh orange juice and fruit. There’s a variety to choose from.

The hotel has a gym, spa, and I like that all the rooms are facing to the ocean. There’s a good size pool. Chairs all the pool amenities you may need. There’s a little gate that takes you straight to the beach. They have the space for a small wedding or party.

I truly recommend this hotel for its location, space, breakfast included, price, and has security 24/7. There are some upgrades that should be done to the rooms but nothing that affected our stay. The comfortable bed is what made it great! Nothing like a good bed. It’s terrible when you go to a perfect room with a crappy bed. But not the case. (I have video of the room but not able to post here.)

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Irais M
Reviewed 28 April 2018

I'm not sure when this hotel was built, but at the time of my visit, Google maps images shows it under construction, so it has to have been in the last five years. Initial impressions were good, but when you look closer, it hasn't been taken care of as well as you'd expect. The limited interaction we had with staff was positive, but we weren't there even 24 hours. The general layout of the room was good, we stayed in their Master Suite option. Not depicted well in the pictures, the jacuzzi is actually on a second level. You get to it from inside the room using a VERY steep iron staircase. there was a surprising amount of usable space up there with a small table and a shower, and the jacuzzi of course. However, if you have any physical problems, you will struggle with getting up there. The pool lounge chairs were incredibly uncomfortable. A very thin (like, 1 inch) piece of foam laying on wood slats. Yeah, think about that for a minute. They were uncomfortable in just the brief moment I tested one, can't imagine trying to spend a day at the pool with them. you are off the beaten path with zero food options within walking distance. Our one meal, two hamburgers, was pretty spendy - around 10 u.s. dollars per burger. They were decent I guess, but not the greatest. One of the things that attracted us to the hotel was of course the pretty pictures, but also the complimentary breakfast. I had a Mexican scramble, which was decent. My wife had the "Baja Waffles", which in reality were a couple of frozen toaster waffles. Not good. we decided to go to another hotel for the rest of our stay in La Paz. DISCLAIMER: I speak broken Spanish. I don't expect people out of the U.S. to speak English for my benefit. That said, if you don't speak any Spanish at all, you will feel out of place here. The menu is only in Spanish. Our waiter didn't speak a lick of English, or at least it was less than my Spanish vocabulary. I only provide this as information for non Spanish travelers, not criticism.

Date of stay: April 2018