All reviews cortez club sunset bar private beach the beach is nice rooms are small star resort ocean view common areas free shuttle sea lions watch the sunset condo fishing beaches cabo margaritas poolside
Reviewed 30 October 2018

Stains on towels & sheets . Floors not clean. A/C in room not turned on so it was really hot when we arrived and did not cool off until the middle of the night making it difficult to fall asleep .
Pros - the location is nice and the beach is pretty .

Room tip: Go somewhere else
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Dirty, old, run down.
This place should de demolished and re built.
Great spot with great potential but omg was the room bad.
Stains on the sheets, mini fridge was from the 1970.
The owners should invest in this place and not take advantage of turist.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

If you are here for fishing, then this is your place. Great lobby, decent beds and cold A/C. I wouldn’t bring my wife back here for a Couples Vacation or even a family vacation. I will say the Pool Bar was amazing! Thanks to Louis. The Steak Nachos were some of the best I’ve had. Their Salsa is in the top 5 of best Salsas but inconsistent. One day hot, next day medium. On Saturday, the pool was packed with people who were having a birthday party at the hotel pool. They weren’t staying at the hotel so I thought that was strange. However, I liked it since it was a cool way to see how the locals throw a kids birthday party. But if I was there with my family and wanted to use the pool, not cool filling the pool with non-guests.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2018

My son and I stayed at La Concha Beach Resort recently. The check in was smooth and easy, We were escorted to our room number 322. It had two double beds a refrigerator and good working A/C. However, being as hot and humid as it was, a nice ceiling fan or even a oscillating fan would of been nice. The rooms show the age of the hotel but the beds were were comfortable and there was plenty of hot water.

There were no room safes and the ones in the lobby were full. I was bummed about that. The staff was excellent, very friendly and helpful. The house keeping was excellent (Patricia) always had our room in tip top shape,

We ate many times at the restaurant and all the food was good. Breakfasts were 90 pesos and up and the carne asada nachos were awesome. We fished a couple days and the restaurant prepared a dinner with our fish. It was very delicious and we shared with a couple other tables. 130 pesos per plate,,,Excellent meal.

Check out was simple and we were given an extended check out free since our plane left later in the afternoon. Taxi to the airport was 350 pesos for 4. We did use Uber a lot being the fare is about half the taxi fares. Taxis to town were 100 pesos, Uber was 40 pesos. One thing I noticed in La Paz was the town was only giving around 17 pesos to the dollar. We exchanged in Otay Mesa for 18.4 before we left so its a good idea to try and get pesos beforehand, We liked the hotel being a bit out of town and the beach was nice. It especially helped out for fishing since the boats can pick us up and drop us off at the beach in front of the hotel.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank tunaeater
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

I suppose not everybody has the same standards.

Mine is, at a minimum, cleanliness.

Towels should be clean
Outside areas, corridors,stairways should be clean
Rooms should be clean (also behind and below small furniture - in particular no food or personal items from previous guests)
Ice in fridge should not be left for years
Swimming pool should be cleaned regularly
Empty plates, glasses, left by guests should be removed from common areas immediately
Etc......