“Depends on what you want”
Review of Casa Jalisco

Casa Jalisco
Ranked #28 of 39 Hotels in La Paz
Reviewed 19 July 2011

A nice place, but Far from town and nothing of interest around the hotel. Very good service and a nice clean room, but breakfast cost extra which was too bad because you got not choice in that neighborhood. We found a nicer place at the waterfront/malecon for the same price with breakfast! I just don't see why they can charge over US$50

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Jazzyerkinfob
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Casa Jalisco

Reviewed 14 July 2011

My wife and I found La Casa Jalisco last minute on trip advisor and couldn't be happier that we did. Daniel (one of the receptionists) took time to give us recommendations on must see places and places that we wouldn't have found in a guide book. He also turned on the pool lights and music to create the perfect atmosphere when it was just my wife and I in the pool our first evening. It was perfect! Beyond that...I left my pillow behind and didn't realize it until we had made it to Cabo. Daniel checked but couldn't find it. He said he would ask the housekeeper in the morning and he followed through on his word, asked her....and they found my pillow! I am headed back through through with my family (already planned) and will be happy to have it back! The service was wonderful and hotel manager Juan took time to connect with us over breakfast too. I would recommend this place for its value, service, and cleanliness. It was a bit loud with traffic at night, but nothing offensive.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2011

All the staff at La Casa Jalisco went out of their way to make me feel comfortable and welcome! Everyone working there speaks excellent English. La Casa Jalisco is hospitality at its best. In talking with Juan, the owner, I learned that he has worked in high end hotels in the United States so he understands about good service and how to treat guests. I would recommend using them to arrange for your tours. They used excellent companies. I had an amazing time on my tour to Espiritu Santos Island where I swam with Sea Lions and snorkeled. On the way back, we saw whales and dolphins. This trip is not be missed! One of the staff, on his own time, even gave me a ride to the tour departure area early in the morning. Everyone was always going above and beyond what is normally expected! The rooms are very large, nicely furnished including a fridge and a microwave. There is coffee in the room or they have it available in the restaurant in the morning. The new restaurant chef, Omar, makes an excellent breakfast which I ate a few times. Also I had some of my other meals there, always good. There is a computer available for the use of guests. I can't say enough good about this place and I look forward to my next visit to La Casa Jalisco! Thanks everybody for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Boomertraveler99
Reviewed 16 May 2011

This is a charming little inn conveniently located between the highway and the beaches. The staff positively doted on us, and the facilities and food were terrific. The hotel is an oasis of tranquility, and we highly enjoyed our stay, opting to stay an additional day instead of moving on to our next stop. We'll definitely be back as soon as possible!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2011

The hotel is an old colonial style building a few blocks away from the hustle and bustle. There is a walled gated secure parking lot where you need not worry about your car and the staff open and close the gate as you come and go.
The staff are polite, friendly and ready to be of assistance whatever the request and wiling to accommodate guests needs.
The rooms are well appointed, spacious, with balconies, comfortable furniture and inoffensive decor. There is ample hot water, cable television, good high speed wireless internet access in all the rooms, drinking water in the atrium on each floor. The room had coffee making facilities, a microwave, fridge, iron and board and hairdryer.
Breakfast is available in the restaurant on the main floor.
There is a swimming pool in a pleasant garden & patio area outside.
There is a large supermarket and laundry within walking distance.
This is a great hotel, reasonably priced in a quiet neighborhood with everything you might need for a comfortable and enjoyable stay in La Paz.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple