See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 April 2018

We have not stayed at the hotel, but usually give the lobby a visit during our annual visit to La Paz. It is full of antiques, curiosities, art and more, all for sale. Well worth a look and it's free although they hope you will buy something!

Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

If you like to go outside of the box, stay here!
We intended to stay one night but stayed 3!
Clean and cozy beds!!
For me, a good bed says it all but this place has so much mire.
I'm pretty sure you won't find anything to compare anywhere.
Continental breakfast was laud out on the hood of a car.
Another car is in this small loby with a monkey driving. Stuffed monkey.
We love la paz and Yeneka was just icing on the cake.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank RobertaYRoberto
Reviewed 7 December 2017

When visiting LaPaz, Yeneka Hotel is worth a visit if not spending a night or two. The hotel if full of eye candy throughout. It is possible to sit in the courtyard for hours and not see everything! To top it off, hosts are charming and engaging. We have stayed in two downstairs rooms and both were a bit stuffy, because the outside windows faced a small alley and didn't have much air. The rooms have ceiling fans, and comfy beds.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2017

If you're the type that appreciates weirdness...then you'll love this place. Although the owners consider this place a "museo", it long ago crossed the line into "dusty junk collection". The rooms are clean, but feel more like oddly painted jail cells. Beds are some sort of closed cell foam. Not particularly comfortable, but not too bad. Our room locked with a padlock. There is no TV or telephone. The place is located 2 or 3 blocks from the center of the Malecon. Parking is on street. We stayed here for 2 nights, but we had alternate accommodations lined up, just in case this place turned out to be more creepy than cool. I recommend that approach for others as well.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank EricC56
Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

I absolutely LOVED staying here. It's the most far away place from any cookie-cutter square modern tourist infested chain hotel. Every room is differently decorated. The whole place is FULL of curious collected items, buffalo skulls, car plates, and other most random objects making for a cozy atmosphere full of character. Just the way I like it. The location is very good as it's in a center and short walk to the promenade and the sea. The owner has been the most accommodating and found me a private boat to espiritu santo for very good price, looked and called all over the place to find a restaurant that would cater to my needs. This is also a very dog friendly hotel. The price cannot be beat - I paid $28 which included also my dog. It also seems to attract more interesting kind of travelers ;)))

Date of stay: January 2017