See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I have a cruising sailboat in Marina de La Paz. When she needed to go into the yard for work, I needed a temporary residence. Being a budget cruiser, I did my due diligence. Posada De La Mision is a true jewel! The "room" is a three story apartment with all the amenities of home. And, the staff makes you feel right at home. The reception staff are bi-lingual, friendly, and always ready to serve. My 10 day stay was a wonderful vacation from my vacation. Miss this "diamanté" and you'll be paying too much for too little.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This hotel is an excellent value right on the Malecón! The room we had (#1) was actually an apartment with 3 floors! The first level is a kitchenette and dining area, and also a living room. The other two floors are bedrooms (one with two single beds, one with two double beds). The decor is funky and kind of retro 70's, this isn't a fancy place. But it is clean, quiet, and feels like you have your own apartment in the heart of La Paz. Rooms have excellent wifi and cable. AC is upstairs, so the first floor isn't kept quite as cool, but a fan does the trick. It is great for families and those who want to save money by doing a bit of their own cooking. Staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We were two couples traveling, so this hotel suited our needs perfectly! Each of us had a room in the apartment and a living room to hang out in together. It is just opposite the beautiful beach and the malecon, with good restaurants right down the block.
My only suggestion would be to hand in the keys personally to the person in charge when you are checking out, not to leave them on the counter as I did the morning of our departure, trusting that they would be taken care of. I was subsequently 'blamed' for not handing in the keys a few hours later and they made me pay 40 pesos. That was not on.

Room Tip: Room number 5 has a room with two beds in it (the first room), a single and a double bed. The double bed is unsleepable for two people, especially for someone who needs a hard mattress, so fortunately, there was another bed.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ruth A
Reviewed 14 October 2010

What a wonderful surprise is to walk in this hotel and find out that the staff were only as good as the rate they offer!!!! Really helpful staff beyond of your expectations, located right across the waterfront, ON the malecon, two blocks away from everything, downtown, restaurants, banks and nightlife. I Stayed at a suite with two double beds, kitchenette and a nice balcony facing the beach, wifi available and satellite tv as well. highly recommend this hotel. Dont have a swimming pool, but a nice beach is right across the street, no parking place but lots of places were to park.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 April 2009

This hotel in the very heart of the Malecon is slightly different to your average hotel. Instead of a room, you get an apartment. My wife and I stayed here for two nights, for less than we paid at La Perla next door.
The accommodation consists of lounge with TV, kitchen with fridge and cooker, dining room, bathroom / toilet / shower and two bedrooms.
There is an internal courtyard with a gate to the street which is locked from 21:00, however you have your own key and are free to come and go as you please.
There is a receptionist available during office hours. If you have laundry that needs doing, the cleaning lady, if she is not too busy will do it for you, but this is not a service provided by the hotel, it will be a private arrangement. We found the staff to be extremely helpful.
My only regret is that our time in La Paz was almost over when we ffound this place. If we ever return to La Paz, we will not even think of looking for an hotel, we will be coming straight here.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple