See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I’ve been coming here to Javea for years and this is a Spanish family hotel which may be basic but the views from the room are just amazing, which is why I am giving it a good review. Lying in bed listening to the waves gently lapping on the shore. Watching the fishing boats leave in the morning and then return is just lovely. The hotel is very central and convenient. There is a cafe below with good breakfasts and everything is easy. The hotel is two steps away from a pebble beach one side, and lovely cafes and boutiques the other. You can walk to a large sandy beach within 10/15 mins or up to the old town if you fancy a change of scenery or shops. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful and the rooms clean. You will need to bring your own hair dryer and there are no tea or coffee making facilities but there is a fridge for cold drinks. I will definitely come here again. Great value for money.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

This is a Mexican 3 star hotel, please don't book it if you want 4/5 star luxury.
I spent 11 nights in this hotel and enjoyed every one of them. The rooms have the basic necessities, including a fridge and working AC but are serviced every day keeping them extremely clean.
The hotel is perfectly situated in downtown La Paz for all amenities and in particular the beach and Melecon is 100 mts away.
The staff couldn't be more friendly and helpful and most spoke good English.
Would I stop there again well the answer is a resounding yes.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 August 2014

By far the most awful "hotel" I've ever stayed at! I will never stay here again. We got here on a Monday afternoon, and had to head out to an appointment so we just left our bags in the rooms and left. We returned to the hotel after 10pm. Beyond the bellow average look of the place, and the heat, the first thing you notice is the pungent smell of disinfectant cleaner that penetrates the halls. When we got to the rooms the smell was even stronger. It was late so we decided to stay the night. Within a half hour I started feeling the horrible smell burning my nose and lungs. To make matters worse the AC units they have are installed on top pointing straight to the head of the bed. We all had a difficult time falling asleep mainly because it literally hurt to breath due to the suffocating smell. In the morning our throats were burning! It's too bad pictures are not scratch and sniff because I would post it. When we spoke to the lady at the the front desk the next morning she said there was nothing she could do and that there were no refunds for checking out three days early.

Room tip: Best tip I can give; don't stay here!
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Pamela T
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We paid about 70.00 for one night and it wasn't worth it. Location is great if you want to get to the malecón, but other than that our room was dirty. It was covered in dust and the bathroom looked as if it had been used and not cleaned. There was still trash left on one of our nightstand from whomever stayed there last. We slept on our own blankets and did not use any of the hotels bedding. We were scared to. We told the clerk the next day and the housekeeper and she told us they were not allowed to give out rooms in that state. The clerk didn't even apologize. He just finished charging us and hid in his office. We left a note for the manager. I wasn't surprised that he never called us. They probably didn't even pass it on.

Date of stay: July 2014
3  Thank Fani_Nu
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Miramar for 3 nights in late March and it was pleasant. I got in pretty late and the man at the front desk was friendly and helpful. The room was clean, the wifi was fine, the bed was comfy, it was quiet. The hotel location is excellent, very close to the bus station, restaurants, etc. I would certainly stay there again, good value.

Date of stay: March 2014