“Best italien restaurant in Baja California”
Review of Caffe Milano - CLOSED

Caffe Milano
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Simply the best restaurant in La Paz. Everything is homemade. The owner is really nice. The service was perfect and fast.
Me and my girlfriend had the gnocchis al Pesto and the gnocchis al 4 formaggii. Both were excellent. And our friend took the New York steak. It was perfectly cooked and really tasty.

Don't hesitate to go there. You won't regret it !

Reviewed 16 March 2013

Caffe Milano is one of those old time favorites in La Paz....very charming setting serving classic Italian dishes that you can always depend on to satisfy your craving for Italian comfort food, reasonably priced. Never disappoints.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

We felt like we hit the trifecta here - ambiance, service and food. Not sure what is up with the reviews that rated the food average and the couple who thinks their palates are too refined to enjoy the wine. My husband is Italian and we have been to Italy several times. And, I can assure you I have been called a wine snob with some regularity. The waiter was extremely helpful in assisting us with an outstanding wine selection that we thoroughly enjoyed. I am always hesitant to order gnocchi. Done right, gnocchi is an art form; done wrong, heavy and pasty. Well, the gnocchi, bread, pasta and seafood here were all excellent. Tiramisu is another one of those items that make me hesitate. We ordered it for dessert here and it passed with flying colors. We had tried to stop by and make a reservation here but were never able to find it open during the afternoon. My advice, just stop by in the evening and you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Nick G
Reviewed 27 December 2012

We were impressed by the good reviews about Caffe Milano, and made two attempts to eat there. The information on the door of the restaurant and on the website indicated that it opened at 1 pm, so we waited outside - and waited and waited. Finally we left to find another place for lunch. The same thing happened the next day. That evening we went by and found it open - and were informed that "oh we open at 4 pm now." Unfortunately we were not able to return, as we had a commitment and we left the next day.

I hope they have updated their information by now - just don't assume that the posted hours are correct!

1  Thank Purmamarca
Reviewed 25 December 2012

I admit you don't go to La Paz for italian, but the did okay. My pizza (huge) was a bit cold, undercooked & was overall only above average. The pizza wood fired crust was the best part. My wife's cioppino had great broth, but fish was only okay and small portion. The Greek salad was the best item. Prices were fair, not great. They really rave about wines here, but we are from Santa Barbara wine country - so our palates may be more refined. Service was great.

1  Thank KipL