“Great setting”

Deckman's en el Mogor
Reserve with OpenTable
Deckman's en el Mogor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 395 Restaurants in Ensenada
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: It is our goal to share with you the experience of bringing the “table to the farm.” Unless otherwise noted, all Our Wine, Vegetables, Herbs, Lamb, Olive Oil, and Eggs are estate grown or produced here on the Mogor Ranch. Our Fish and Seafoods are sustainable, always from the Baja Penninsula and when possible from SmartFishAC. Our salt is from San Felipe Our cheeses from our neighbors both here in Guadalupe Valley and Ojos Negros Our beef is local and responsible. We make our beer with our Friends at Agua Mala Brewery in Sauzal, Our Mezcal is artisan from Oaxaca. We strive to be as sustainable as possible and therefore do not offer commercial bottled waters or soft drinks. We re-capture our waste water to use for irrigation and recycle our plastic, glass and metal wastes. All of our food is prepared to order which maximizes freshness and allows you to customize your order based on your dietary requirements. Please let your server know about special needs you may have, we are more than happy to comply. Thank you for being part of the sustainable table that is Deckman’s en el Mogor. This is slow, not fast food. Remember, everyday you vote with your fork. Choose wisely. Buen Provecho.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I recommend to book close to sunset, as Deckman’s has an amazing view to The mountains in the West of Guadalupe Valley and it was a perfect setting for having a delicious and romantic dinner. Tasting menu is great, especially tiradito, pork and quail. Also the lime pie is good and Shyrah red wine.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

We ate at Deckman's for my wife's birthday in August 2018. What a wonderful experience! This was actually our second visit to this place and I must say it does not disappoint!!! Food is perfectly prepared, beautifully plated, and delicious. Service is attentive, friendly and professional. While the prices aren't cheap, the value is incredible if you consider the quality you are getting for the price. If you ate at a comparable restaurant in the States, the price would be double at least. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 26 August 2018

As I am well into my 60’s I have had the privilege of enjoying fine dining experiences in Baja for over 30 years. To cut to the chase this has to be my worst dining experience in Baja EVER!!!!!!!!!! To give you all a small sampling of just how bad it was ( I’m not exaggerating) we were a party of eight. ALL eight of us sent back our main courses. That’s correct! All eight of us unanimously were extremely unhappy with our meals. In the interest of brevity This is just a small sampling of the numerous problems with this joint. One of many examples: The arrogant owner wouldn’t even acknowledge us after our repeated attempts to get his attention and complain. He finally showed up after we threatened to not pay the bill till he spoke with us. What an arrogant, pompous, egotistical jerk! I apologize folks for my poor language. There is just no other way to describe him.unforunately that goes for his staff also. They are no better. They really take you for fools in this joint. Their existence is predicated on ripping off tourists. They take no pride in what they do nor do they care if you have a good dining experience. All they want to do ( and they’re good at it) is separate you from your money. It’s really that simple and that bad. Again I am not exaggerating or being melodramatic.
So fellow travelers please spread the word and protect yourselves from these predators. As a loyal Baja resident for over 30 years I can tell you their are numerous fine and upstanding dining establishments in Baja. This is not one of them. In short, this a tourist trap! Please protect yourselves. Baja is better than this.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Had a wonderful experience here at sunset with my husband and 10 month old. We loved the tasting menus. The grilled vegetables were outstanding. My favorite part was the gorgeous chocolate dessert. Also ambience was to die for. Very unique.we will be coming back.

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

I heard that this restaurant could not be missed. We could only score a 4pm reservation, after a day of wine tasting. The service here was absolutely top notch. The menu was interesting including foil gras, which we had. Best that I could tell, virtually everything is cooked on a HUGE outdoor grill with about 6 chefs working the grill. We had the ribeye for 2 and it was spectacular. The wine list was great, the ambiance was exciting, fun and put a smile on your face. This was a great experience and great food!