“Hidden gem!”
Review of Malva

Malva
Reserve with OpenTable
Malva is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 402 Restaurants in Ensenada
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 49
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: we put the table in to the farm to offer the best products from the property with our personal touch and our best aproach to the Baja food scenario.
Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

When you read about Valle de Guadalupe's fine dinning, you read about Laja, Corazón de Piedra or Deckman's but what you should read is about Malva. It's a hidden gem in the valley in my opinion, unlike the other three that I mention (overpriced and presumptuous), you get extraordinary cuisine at a great price. My personal favorite were the cannoli lamb and the bonito tostadas. You go to heaven and back! We also tried amazing ice-creams and creme brûlée which were extraordinary... This place is a must for lunch or dinner and you won't be disappointed. I am attaching photos so you get a glimpse of their amazing dishes!

2  Thank bik0zita

Reviewed 25 April 2016

It is in a lovely location close to the beginning of the Guadalupe Valley, and the service it polite and professional. The food was excellent but small portions, and some of my party said they had to go home and eat.
I would recommend trying the place as it has some very tasty and unusual things on the menu.

1  Thank Scotfrey
Roberto A, Propietario at Malva, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2016

Thanks for your visit And sorry for the inconvenient, candidato you tell me about the small portions? Which dishes did you order? I would love to put an eye ON that inmediatly. thanks

Reviewed 23 April 2016

The Good---a wonderful setting and nice views; canoli stuffed with lamb, wonderful fresh salad; the Bad---overpriced small deserts and grilled artichoke starter too small to really be eaten; the Ugly---I was charged 380 pesos for birria de borrego( instead of 300 pesos for canoli; when I asked to see the menu (which confirmed canolli at 300 pesos) the waiter said the menu I was reading "was wrong"---of course I was incredulous and about to respond when he said ok I am sorry and will change it; which he did--but ugly or worse!

Thanks for your visit And sorry for the inconvenient with the bad priced dish/bad charged dish, please if you come back again i asure you that this things Wont happend again.. Thanks again for your visit.
Roberto Alcocer

Reviewed 22 April 2016

Malva has tons of potential. Great food, cool atmosphere. It follows the tradition of other great Valle restaurants in serving local cuisine meant to match the region's wines.

Reviewed 1 March 2016

We came to Malva around lunchtime and were the only diners in the restaurant. So we received amazing service and lots of suggestions from the staff. The view is gorgeous, but make sure to go during nice weather - it's all open air!

We shared a variety of dishes, including the fish, a couple of salads, and a delicious cream soup. We tried a couple bottles of wine, one red, one white, and both were really good. We also had some delicious dessert - in particular, the popcorn ice cream!!

It was a great place for a nice, leisurely lunch.