“Overall excellent food and service. Two breakfasts, Easter brunch, and one dinner ... all delightful!”
Review of BC Bistro & Cava

BC Bistro & Cava
Ranked #110 of 411 Restaurants in Ensenada
Cuisines: Mexican, International, Fusion, Wine Bar
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We stayed at the hotel for three nights and had three breakfasts here including a very sumptuous Easter Sunday brunch. In addition, we had a really excellent dinner here with a really fine selection of the best wines from the region.

Well, not normally one who likes to dine in hotels, I must say that everything we had to eat was remarkably delicious. The Easter brunch featured a spit-cooked lamb which had been cooking on the outdoor rotisserie for most of the night. A wonderful selection of fresh local seafood during any meal. Excellent cuisine.

If you are staying at Hotel Coral, at the Marina, or anywhere nearby, be ASSURED that you will be extremely pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food and service you will receive at BC Bistro & Cava.

Recommended!

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Waterloonie

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

I've eaten breakfast here before and it is good, however on Sunday's they are a great. I wish I had an extra stomach because there are so many options. They add a crepe, seafood, quesadilla, egg, and grilled sheep station. This is on top of their usual array of Mexican foods, fruit bar, posole/menudo, fresh baked breads, and desert station. So I ended up ordering a crepe with fried banana and strawberries glazed with an orange sauce. Next, I ordered some tacos de borrego (sheep) and a special quesadilla. I was able to split this with my husband. Then I ate some of their chilaquiles, chile con queso, barbacoa, and beans. I had to finish with their creme brûlée. Price for this Sunday brunch is $15.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 10 July 2016

Excellent menu, some items are part of the all-inclusive package, I order a nice Filet mignon, a little overcooked, but good.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 12 June 2016

Well, I have stayed at the hotel for 9 nights in the past month, so I had the chance to try different dishes from breakfast to dinner.
Some people say that the service is 50% of the dinning experience, so they have a 50% to begging. But do not order a burger or a club sandwich, the rest of the food it's good and like a mention the service is excellent.
I hope the kitchen can cut up!

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank Q6127RHrichardv
Reviewed 26 April 2016

We had some businesses to attend to at the marina of Hotel Coral. So, when we were done (and a little bit hungry) we decided to go with the closest option: Bistro Cava @ Hotel Coral & Marina. It was a beautiful morning, around 10:30 AM, so we decided to use the exterior tables (also, to avoid the usually crowded main hall of the restaurant, in order to have a proper chat without the need to raise our voices). Since we were on time for the breakfast buffet, we took it.

About the food? Nothing out of this world. I had some scrambled eggs with refried beans, chicken with mole and a couple of made-to-order quesadillas which were, by far, the tastiest treat of the bunch (at least IMHO). Some orange juice to down the whole thing and a little bit of cheesecake to top off things. They all were good (for a hotel restaurant), but nothing to call home about.

Service was nice, at least on the tables facing the pool and Marina. Also, since it was buffet service, we weren't that needy of service at all. Nevertheless, since the main hall was crowded, you could see the waiters running around frantically at some times.

Ambiance, i think, follows suit with the remainder of the hotel facilities: A little bit on the fancy side (i, personally, wouldn't think to use carpet floor on a dining hall, but maybe that's just me) on the inside, while outside it's a little bit downscaled (which worked for us, by the way!).

Pricing is on the mid-range, a little bit above average for a sit-down breakfast in the area (at least as the buffet prices go; didn't check the menu, so can't comment on the a-la-carte dishes).

Since Hotel Coral is ~ 3-4 miles from downtown Ensenada, you can indeed find better deals and flavors somewhere else, but if you have limited mobility (e. g. do not have a car or do not wish to ride a cab) or limited time (e. g. if you're participating on an event being held on the facilities of the hotel), it is not a bad option.

Date of visit: April 2016