All reviews room facing water pressure is great hotel the main drag chinchilla lobby calle downtown carpet
Reviewed 2 May 2018

saw the big sign upfront 700 pesos a night so me and a buddy went into to grab a room. well apparently the sign up front on the street is only used to trick people to come inside and go though the pain. we were quoted 1400 pesos but since theree was two of us it was 1800 pesos and the sign only applies to off season and when asked was told june-sept and it was september. stay away in less you like pain

Room Tip: stay away from here
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Double V
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Just spent two nights here - previous posts noted the tepid hot water temperature and pressure issues, as well as the weak air conditioning units. Well, it may be chance or perhaps someone is paying attention there, because I was pleasantly surprised to note that those issues appear to have been addressed! This time I had a second floor room facing the main road - noisier than the rooms facing Calle Miramar, but I don't lay that on the hotel - that's just the price you pay for progress. As always, the room was clean and comfortable, the location is great for access to activities, and for the price, I consider this an excellent option for my sojourns to Ensenada. Also, the WiFi is markedly better.

Keep in mind, though, that you MUST lock your room door when you leave - none of the rooms that I've stayed in have auto-locking doors. No reflection on staff here - I've never had anything come up missing, but there are enough confused/inebriated guests to make this something that you should keep in mind.

The room prices have gone up a bit - this may be a seasonal thing or not, but - the posted prices for a single room are now $41USD/night and up, vs. the $29USD that was posted back when I first started staying here in 2015.

As for the chinchilla family in the lobby, they're back down to three. One is deceased, the other two were adopted out (hopefully not for skinning!)

The only issue that I noticed this trip is that the carpets in my room (129) could stand a cleaning, or better, replacement. They are showing their age.

I think that this place is a keeper. Well done, Hotel Santo Tomas!

Room Tip: For a quieter room, get one on the north side facing Calle Miramar. Lock the door when you leave the room!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel has great location but thats about it, wifi totally blows, I had to stand on my balcony to get wifi from across the street lol staff was pleasant, a guy named Carlos was very helpful in whatever he could help you with,don't think I can come back to this place again...

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Charlie I
Reviewed 1 July 2017

Although located on the main drag of Ensenada, this hotel was difficult to find parking lot. There is one exclusive parking spot in front of the hotel for check ins. The parking is very difficult but we had a great hotel worker named Carlos who really made us feel welcome and worked to make sure we all had parking even though we had to do a lot of jockeying and moving of cars. Check in was tricky, as they had our reservations wrong but we were able to secure the 4 rooms we needs. However, be warned this hotel does not take Credit Cards! They give you one voucher per room for a breakfast at a restaurant across the street, not the one in the lobby. Internet is a bit slow, rooms were large enough, clean as were common areas. This hotel does have an elevator for those on the upper floors.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Claudia S
Reviewed 27 September 2016

We arrived here on a Monday. Great location for touring the city. However at night, the location must be near a hospital as I heard loud sirens all night. It also rained and the carpet in the room was moist. Take pesos as they charge you more in US Dollars. They dont exchange the currency for what its worth. I ended up paying $8 more because I didn't have enough pesos. They also charge about $15 more if more than 2 people staying in the room. If you will be out exploring, definitely a good place to stay. If you are looking for a comfy hotel to stay and enjoy, go somewhere else. No problems with WiFi. And the parking was safe with a security guard.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family