All reviews beds were firm secure parking tourist zone other hotels downtown ensenada roomy conditioner motorcycle security
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

It's rustic! They have a casino next door. The pool area is pretty cool especially at night. Great bar at the restaurant/pool area. You can drink for cheap and the ice is filtered water(safe to use). Ensenada is a beautiful city with beautiful people. I really enjoyed our trip!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
San Nicolas H, Concierge at San Nicolas Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your kind words and for your lovely review on TripAdvisor!
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Greetings.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

I haven't stayed at the hotel, however I regularly go to the Casino. It's my boyfriend's and I go-to choice when it's late at night and the restaurants close in the city. They serve pretty good food. I highly recommend their chicken tenders! The casino is nice. The only thing I think they should add is a poker table.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Miriam F
San Nicolas H, Concierge at San Nicolas Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Greetings Mrs. Miriam F.,

We thank you for your visit and taking the time to share your experience with us. Our casino and kitchen services is 24 hrs. Now we have game tables (poker). Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you back in our facilities.

Come and stay with us.

Best regards.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Stayed with my family at this hotel. It is well located near Downtown Ensenada. This is the only good thing about this hotel.

Owners have not invested a single dollar since they opened the 1960’s and charge rooms like a modern hotel. Rooms still work with normal Keys and there are no working locks at the doors. Rooms are dark, smelly with stained carpets. We had bed crumbs all on the carpet. I noticed this to the front desk and nothing happened. I had to fetch a cleaning lady and bring a Vacuum in order to get it cleaned. Bathrooms are old, dirty, full of holes. No way to enter with bare feet. They have a system of automatic soap, shampoo and conditioner dispensers. The problem is that they are not marked which is what. Also, you can hear everything from the rooms next to yours. Poor insulated. Corridors are dark, long and smelly, with old Mexican Prehispanic pictures. Corridors remained me like those of the “The Shining” movie.
Elevators are slow, with broken buttons and dirty. Part of the entrance is closed by Yellow tape. Wifi rearly worked and when it did, it was a 0.1Mb/s, very slow.

Pool photos the Web are very nice. They are a lie. The problem is that it is a Public pool. Music, noise, people. I later knew that the pool is really an Open Public Pool. If you stay in your room, there are screams, loud music, etc. All day long: 8am-22:30pm. On Sundays, if people buy breakfast, they have pool access. Imagine the crowd of people there.

I have to acknowledge that Staff is very friendly.

I don’t recommend hotel and I would never return to this hotel.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. No quiet, clean rooms
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Jm S

Good morning,

I like to extend a sincere apology for the incovinience experienced during your visit. Certainly, this is not the image we hope to convey. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed, where necessary, improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guest.

Please feel free to contact us at any time with your feedback concierge@snhotelcasino.com. We hope you'll give us a chance to show our improvements and decide to stay with us in the future.

Best regards,

Concierge.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

In general it is very nice, in particular could use some TLC. First is parking, plenty but shared with casino so prepare to walk a little. Front desk nice and spoke English very well. I did not use pool but looked super.
Room is rather large, bathroom functional clean, shower doors in some rooms I stayed in need TLC. There is no place to eat in room for room service, a small table on balcony hardly did the job. Tv flat with remote, AC /heater with remote. For Ensenada this would be a 4 star. If you travel a lot and seen nice hotels then it will be a 2 star. I go to Vegas and it is fair to compare. I will certainly stay here again but only when price is good and no major event is in town. Would really give a 3 1/2 stars as I have been in other hotels in Ensenada and only fair to rate by comparison to local hotels

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

I guess they think because they have a casino they can treat customer like cattle. Horrible customer service at the lobby to the point we canceled our stay even though they charged us for the night. We went to stay at the Corona Hotel instead. Unless you really want to give your money away to rigged slots, stay away from this place!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business