All reviews fire pit one bedroom suite hear the waves crashing clean rooms and grounds restaurant staff are wonderful days ocean view overlooking the water ribeye our waiter top floor short drive pool and jacuzzi balcony wedding morton border
Reviewed 11 October 2016

I was attending a destination wedding held at this hotel over Labor Day weekend it just gorgeous and located near the US boarder right on the beach. Make sure you take full advantage of the fast pass provided to you at check-out. This grants access to the fast lane while exiting the country and must be presented in order to remain in the expedited/medical line. Since the rooms were blocked and paid for by the wedding party I’m not sure about the price or room categories but we stayed in a lovely what felt like one-bedroom suite on the third floor. Compared to other rooms on the lower floors (second and first) ours felt newly remodeled and modern. Be prepared to walk up two or three flights of stairs since there are no elevators. We had a nice view overlooking the pool and beach with a good size balcony. Most rooms I visited had a small empty fridge for personal items and other standard hotel amenities. One thing you should bring is your own shower gel unfortunately, I forgot mine and was forced to use bar soap it was not bad, I just need suds. The staff was super accommodating anything you need is taken care of immediately. They did a great job handling the wedding party, per five guests there was one employee to provide fresh plates and refill drinks. I did not feel comfortable going too far into the city so what I liked most about this hotel was its proximity to nearby restaurants and stores. If I was ever in Mexico again I would defiantly stay here. In case, you're wondering staff speaks English.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the Third floor for a more modern feel
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank krasivaya818
Reviewed 28 September 2016

We've driven by this little beauty hundreds of times. This time we stopped! I'm so glad we did! The rooms are all under remodel and about half the place is done. We toured all the room sizes but stayed in a King bed single room suite. All the suites face the ocean and I can't imagine they aren't all amazing. Ours was. The staff is professional courteous and proud of their establishment. The room was clean, all tile floors in the common areas and carpet in the bedroom. The only recommendation would be to have blackout curtains as that sun is super bright going up or down. the pool area is impeccably maintained and has windbreakers for guest comfort. There's a fire pit and a separate spa. Again, everything was super clean and the bed was comfy. the pillows were a little tough for my taste but nothing that couldn't be resolved with some punching of the pillows. I will be back and hopefully for longer! One and only downfall is there is no elevator at this resort.

Room Tip: no elevator, choose accordingly. high rooms have even nicer views but all of them are great.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

I visit Ensenada often and usually stay at the Corral hotel. I decided to try Punta Morro adter some friends recommended I stay there. The property has a beautiful view of the ocean and a very good restaurant. Our room, a one bedroom suite was nice but needed some repair. Most notably the switch that turns the aircon off when you open/close the door was not working. I folded up some paper so the switch made proper contact and the aircon finally turned on. Our room had many mosquitos which we killed with spray; however, there were large gaps around the main entrance door that allowed them to come back through. I find this to be a large concern given the current Zika issue. I gave one review level lower due to this alone. When I talked to the front office about these two issues, they did not respond kindly. I think they thought I was asking for a discount or? The dinner is quite good, the breakfast was not. I was served soggy chilaquiles and cold french toast and weak coffee. As for the rooms,the beds are nice, the bathrooms ok and the sitting area was nice with good tv and channel selection. Overall it was good but not great. Probably going to stay at Corral next time. It is good if you want to have a big room and multiple people. The two bedroom suite allows four and three bedroom six. It is a ten minute ride from town, a little farther than Corral. The pool is beautiful, and the restaurant staff are very nice and accommodating. Many of my friends highly recommend this hotel so maybe I had an unusual experience. A last note, if you compare to the other hotels in town other than the Corral, this hotel is a major step up in all areas. I felt it was worth the price, just not excellent.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2016

All rooms are suites separated bedroom from living room with a door very convenient if want to have a business meeting or with family you can have privacy in the bedroom by the way the beds are great very confortable. includes a wet bar in the living room flat large TV .. all rooms have ocean view ,good AC in both rooms .The hotel is big enough to give all kind of amenities Jacuzzi ,pool, outside fire place by the pool with an incredible view to the Pacific Ocean and one of the best restaurants in Ensenada but small enough to deliver a personal touch almost as a boutique hotel. If you want to visit the wine territory this hotel is just 15 to 20 minutes away so you can enjoy the best of two worlds, the rural area of the valley and the attractions that the city can offer. Enjoy.

Stayed: July 2016
1  Thank hugocervantesdelrio
Reviewed 16 July 2016

This place is by far, one of the best ones I have ever visited. they have a restaurant and you have to go eat there. the view is amazing. Make sure to get there early, because it is not a big restauran so you might have to wait in line for some minutes if you dont get there early. I recomend getting there ar 9:00am. They have an amazing brekfast buffet. the place is well kept and the staff is very polite and will solve any problem in a second. the spa is something you have to experience for yourself, I can just tell you I was so relaxed I didi not want to come back home.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends