“Excellent Duck”

Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Cuisines: French, Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Let yourself be seduce by the oldest french restaurant in Mexico in an atmosphere reminiscent of the days of Louis XIV. Delight yourself with our delicious and extensive menu of international cuisine and traditional Mexican dishes, paired with the best local and inter wines. Don't forget to try our famous french pastries.
Reviewed 23 August 2016

We went here for lunch last week and it was very good. I had the Duck with fresh fruit and it was delicious. My wife had the crab crepes and enjoyed it.

Date of visit: August 2016
globetrotter60, Gerente at El Rey Sol Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2016

Dear Guest. Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your dinner with us! Call us if there is anything we can help you with.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

El Rey Sol has a lovely sidewalk patio to enjoy tradtional french fare.
You won't be disappointed.

Diane

Date of visit: May 2016
globetrotter60, Propietario at El Rey Sol Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2016

I am so glad to hear that we were able to leave a good taste in your mouth. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

In Ensenada for a couple of days- El Rey Sol, has been around for a long time. First, service was excellent, attentive, without being intrusive.
Ambience- ate inside, an old dining room that is like a old country club. Warm, comfortable, subdued.

Food was very good:.

Aguacate con jaiba, good but not quite great.
Championes con vino, excellent.
Langosta thermador, was done well, nice cheezy, creamy sauce.
filete de pescado con slasa veracruz0 the sauce was outstanding, tomatoes, olives, chiles- a little picante, but not very.. However the fish didn't seem absolutely fresh. Not boad- just not as tasty as I would expect.
Both entries served with steamed vegetables. (Fresh well presented. )
Capaccino to top off.
A comfortable, dining experience- but not quite 5 stars. (Although again- I repeat, the service was outstanding.)

Date of visit: August 2016

Thank you for choosing to eat with us and I am glad to hear that your visit was a memorable one! . I will be sure to let our staff know how much of an impact they made on your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the restaurant in the near future and improve the impression you had of us.

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

The food here was delicious. We ate there two separate days for breakfast. Coffee was delicious and the sweet bread is a must try. Prices are reasonable, staff was friendly.

Date of visit: August 2016
globetrotter60, Gerente at El Rey Sol Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2016

Dear Guest we are glad that you choose El Rey Sol to your family reunion. I am so glad to hear that your visit was so wonderful, especially during such a special occasion. We hope to welcome you and your family back to the restaurant in the near future!

Reviewed 10 August 2016

We went for breakfast. I had the scrambled eggs with fish. I was a bit hesitant because the fish was stingray but my husband assured me it would be good. We could have split it because there was so much of it! He got the scrambled eggs with squid chorizo. I thought the squid chorizo was awful, but he really liked it.

Date of visit: August 2016

Dear Guest I appreciate your positive feedback about our restaurant. We do take pride in catering to our guests' needs the best way we can. If you're traveling to our area gain soon, don't hesitate to visite us.