“Clean room nice pool terrible wifi”
Review of Phranang Place

Phranang Place
Ranked #99 of 111 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel was a reasonable good find we thought, are room was big and clean with a good hot shower! The pool was a good size but lacks sun loungers so at a busier time of year you may not have anywhere to sit around the pool. Good location easy to walk to surrounding restaurants and easy walking distance to the beach. Down sides the wifi is shocking! Hardly worked at all while we were there had to go to bars and buy a drink to book onward travel and it was very loud in are room on the third floor opposite the reggae bar, the live music did stop at 12 so as long as your not a early sleeper this might be ok. I would probably look for different accommodation on my next visit to ao nang if I choose to return.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

After travelling a few hours from Phuket, me and my family arrived at the hotel nearly 1900hrs hoping the check in procedure is fast and easy but it was not. The receptionist is just holding the passport and smiling without doing anything even after all the paperwork is ready. I need to urge her to do it fast. Then we was given the room keys.

Room & Bathroom cleanliness
I just can give it average. Room and bed area is OK. The bathroom area is very dirty with mold at the wall and floor. I was wearing slippers all the time in the bathroom and the soap that was given is in bad condition. I rather go and buy new soap at the mart.

The swimming pool
It was nice area to be at but it's not as big as in the pictures. Its even look full when just me and my family was there.

Breakfast
Even the selection is limited, you will get what you pay for. So don't aspect anything more. Just selection of bread, sausage,fried rice and cereal.

Be prepare with international adapter and iron if you are planning to stay here or else the receptionist will advise you to buy at the mart.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

Our shuttle driver ripped us off and dropped us off on the wrong side of town after midnight. We walked into this hotel looking for directions, realized we were far away, didn't want to deal with the sudden rain, or wandering streets at night fully loaded down - so we bunked down here. The hotel was very nice, the staff was helpful, and we were thankful for the 24 hour reception. The rooms are clean and the shower is good. The complimentary water was also clutch. If you're in Krabi, this is a great little spot.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2016

I've stayed in many hotels in my time, and this was probably the worst, with both dirtiness and poor service! The room was really badly cleaned, I don't want to even think about how long it's been since they've cleaned underneath the beds. The place is absolutely infested with ants, and trails of them going into our bags and clothes. The staff were completely unhelpful and extremely dismissive about doing anything about it. They also never replaced toilet paper after we requested it.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

Staff were very nice and helpful. Rooms are big enough and with decent decor, but the cleaning wasn't great and we had some ants/mosquitos here and there...maybe coming from the open drains in the bathroom. Also a gutter smell would sometimes come from the bathroom for a couple of minutes...
Breakfast was quite disappointing, I'm very glad we refused to pay the extra 100 BHT a day for this and only ended up paying half.
Pool was nice though pretty cold since the sun is always on the opposite side of the hotel...
Overall, it was ok, but I feel we could've gotten better value for money at another hotel.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple