Enjoyed our stay at Amatapura Pool Villa 14. The place is beautiful and very spacious. Everything looks rather modern and design is great.
- Big space! The photos don't do justice to how spacious and roomy the villa actually is, including all of the bedrooms. Lots of great places to chill and relax. And entertain!!
- Master suite is heavenly!!
- Villa comes with a concierge service. THANKS CHING! They even give you a dedicated mobile phone to make calls directly to the concierge service
- Ping pong table!!
- The boat cruises and personal chefs are well priced. Highly recommend using them
- Villa is fully furnished, including towels, amenities, ample kitchen stuffs
- Tesco grocery story is 10 mins away
- Security is constantly monitoring the area, so feels VERY safe!!
- While the villa is on the beach and the views are beautiful, please know that the beach itself is a bit rocky and not as clear as the island beaches. So you probably will not use as often as you think. Again, not a huge problem
- The Villa is about a 15-20 minute drive from the main strip. But there is a free tuk tuk service provided by the Villa that is very helpful
- The pool is a bit small. But honestly, doesn't really matter, as you will only use for relaxing. And the pool area is well designed
We are an extended family of 11 with 6 adults, 2 teenagers and 3 younger children having just come from Europe and Asia to spend Christmas and New Years in Krabi. Amatapura Villa 14 was spacious, clean, beautifully decorated and laid out making our stay luxuriously comfortable and private. Krabi Villa property manager, Ching and our personal driver, Chai, were fantastic and catered to all of our transport, excursions and booking of services. They were always efficient, helpful, friendly and gracious. Thank you to you all for making our family reunion in Krabi the most enjoyable and restful holiday.
We rented the Amatapura Villa 14 on the recommendation of friends who had stayed at Krabi Rivera other property The Beach House. It looked absolutely fantastic in pictures (of course the scepticism was there... afterall pictures are always deceiving...) When we got there, we were blown away! It was truly like what it looked like in the pictures - spectacular!!!
But, to our disappointment, there was a power outage the day we arrived and the electric company could not have it fixed on that day. The management kindly put us up at The Beach House for 1 night. That too was a lovely property with the infinity pool ending at the open sea... The property was sprawling with rooms at each corner of the house, big, with high ceiling and spacious. 2 kayaks to use as well. My only gripe was the kitchen - a bit old... the dining area cum living room was open with just a fan. There was no living room in the property sans a TV room which we used as a bedroom. It was a bit of a distance from anyway so you would need to drive or ride to get anything. Other than that it was also another perfect property to consider.
The following day we went back to Amatapura Villa and enjoyed the rest of our stay. The rooms were of comfortable size but one of the bedrooms upstairs did not come with an ensuite which was a bit of an inconvenience... The bathrooms were functional except for the Master which had both and indoor and outdoor shower and a tub! The rest of the bathrooms did not come with complimentary toiletries which strangely only appeared on the last night of our stay. The rooms maybe due to humidity, there was a musky smell in the rooms if the air-conditioning was not left on throughout the day. The pool was on a small side but suited the kids purpose. Loved the open concept of the kitchen with the central isle, the spoilt disposal unit was a bit of a let down though and there was no wine fridge at Villa 14 unlike The Beach House that had one. For the inconvenience we had on the 1st day, Krabi Riviera compensated us with a dinner at the villa cooked by a private chef. The authentic Thai meal was wonderful and nicely prepared, this ended with massages for all in the comfort of our own rooms.
As with all beach villas, mosquitoes are always around so mosquito coils always had to be lit. We had 2 bikes at our disposal to move around which helped and the villa was located close enough to town and eating areas. There was wifi within the villa, although it was quite weak at some points. If you are subscribing to data roam whilst staying at Villa 14, don't bother, the signal was so bad that there was no service and we depended on wifi most of the time.
The only gripe we had was that there was no housekeeping / room service number we could call for water, extra bedding extra... We had only Ching who was great! She attended to all our requests, needs and was the only one at our call 24/7. She was exceptionally helpful on the day we arrived and due to the power loss.
We would definitely recommend this property and would go back there to stay again or The Beach House.
Would like to commend Ching for her patience, kindness extended to all of us during our stay. She did a fantastic job and always with a smile.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Families with young children|