Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Thailand
Krabi Tipa Resort(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
US$ 79
US$ 48
  • Pool
Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
US$ 67
US$ 59
US$ 114
US$ 109
Agoda.com
Aonang Cliff Beach Resort(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
US$ 416
US$ 335
Krabi Resort(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
US$ 391
US$ 60
US$ 185
US$ 140
  • Breakfast included
Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
US$ 66
US$ 57
US$ 99
US$ 71
US$ 69
US$ 57
Agoda.com
Ibis Styles Krabi Ao Nang(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
US$ 41
US$ 40
1,148 results
All reviewsevery hourhourly shuttlepoolside villahillside villashuttle servicetuk tukrooms are hugehill sidelimestone cliffsour honeymoonswimming poolegg stationthe main streetrelaxing staymountain viewquiet locationthe hotel offers
Reviewed 28 January 2011

Staff: They never stopped smiling and became friends very quickly.
Location: Secluded from busy road but shuttle bus is provided
Swimming Pool: Small but very wonderful cliff view
Room: Spacious, Design
Food: Average quality with reasonable prices.
Environment: Too much Mosquitos
Overall, The resort provides luxury and a very relaxing inspiring environment

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Davdie
Reviewed 24 January 2011

We are a married couple in our late 20's with no kids. This was part of our Honeymoon trip and we were looking forward to a chilled out 6 nights at the Phu Petra after a hectic and fun few weeks racing round Thailand. We stayed in Jan 2011.

We arrived and were met by a friendly member of staff who checked us in and showed us to our rooms. We stayed in a bungalow facing the cliffs toasted the back of the complex. The setting is beautiful.

Our room was very big with 2 huge beds and a huge bathroom which was decorated to a good standard and all looked very nice. It had a new tv, DVD, fridge etc - everything we needed and more.

We then went for a relax and swim in the pool which was great. The pool is small but perfectly formed. The first night we decided to eat at the hotel. The food was overpriced and very average. We were the only ones eating there which should have told us something and this made for a strange atmosphere.

Most of the staff throughout our stay were very helpful and would do their best to satisfy your needs. I feel ODI deserves a special mention. He was particularly kind and good at his job.

The other nights we got the free shuttle bus into town which worked well. If your out later than 09-20 which we always were you will have to get a tuk tuk at 100 baht. It's probably a tad to far to walk. We did once and it took about 20 minutes. We ate a couple of times at Del Rocks which was brilliant and spent most of our time at the Happy Hour street bar where we met some great people and laughed to the small hours.
The spa in the hotel is expensive and no better than elsewhere.

We very much enjoyed the rest of our stay but did have a couple of issues which were dealt with terribly by the staff.

On the 3rd day our bathroom began to smell terribly of raw sewage which really was unpleasant. The bathroom was a no go area and the smell emulated into our bedroom. There were also hundreds if ants in our bedroom and bed!!! I reported this to a member of staff who said he would tell the manager. The next morning nothing was said to us. We out for the day and returned in the afternoon. I told another member of staff who said they would look into the matter. We went back to our room and it smelled as though someone had sprayed air freshner. They fixed the issue for no more than a few minutes!!! Nobody came to speak to me and tell me what they had or hadn't done or offer us an alternative room. Were not fussy people and don't have children so just got on with it spending as little time possible in our room to avoid the revolting stench.

Come check out, the member of staff attempted to bill us 300 baht for 3 flannels which they said were spoiled. He showed us the offending items which had a tiny mark of my wides make up on! They needed nothing more than a good wash! I told him we didn't agree and wouldn't be paying! Especially given we'd just spent three days in a room that stunk of human waste!!! Not what you expect from an expensive hotel.

Terrible way to treat your customers and left us with a very bitter taste in our mouths as we left. Enough to make us not to want to return. Which is a shame because it was a nice place.

• Stayed: January 2011
2  Thank DannyandBec2010
gretsa, Manager at Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2011

First of all, let me thank you for your feedback in tripadvisor. We are so appreciated for the chance you give us to serve you. Please be noted that we already took your every comment into discussion in a team member.

My apology for an ignorance of your first report to one of our staff regarding ants on the bed and bad smell in your bathroom. I found out that he forgot to inform to his manager. The second time, you reported the same to FO manager which I appeared to be around. It then was promptly passed on to our housekeeping and engineering department. Head of Housekeeper together with Chief Engineer rushed into your room and fixed it by not only spraying air freshener to your room but also putting the EM into sewage system to make the bad smell gone. At the time both of them came into your room, they found no ants anymore. I'm so sorry not informing this to you...We will not make any excuse for that but only accept the mistake we did and we promise to improve it to be better.

Deeply sorry for the day you checked out that you were told to bill at 300 Baht for 3 flannels...Since we did according to the resort's policy so I assume our GSA told you of charging because they are afraid of penalty if they skip their fully duty. I'm sorry if our GSA might in case said something impolite to you. We, of course, take this into serious consideration and will bring it up again as a very top issue in our next meeting...

Other comments, without our ignorance, we also concentrate to revise to make it the best for all of our guests.

I write this email to say how sorry I & other team members are of making your days with us not fully happy. We will adjust, make some changes and develop to make the greatest service in the future.

One promise is we will try hard to make Aonang Phu Petra Resort a pleasing place where value experience delivering.

Reviewed 14 January 2011

just came back from phu petra resort krabi and am totally impressed with the hotel! Staff are great and friendly, smiling at all times! Rooms are huge and the bed is very comfortable. The toilet was the most impressive! It was huge with a standing shower and bathtub next to it. The hotel also provides a dvd player and a selection of dvds for u to choose frm. However, one of the down sides would be the location of the hotel. Its right inside and is rather inconvenient as the hotel only provides shuttle service once an hr. During my stay i rented a motorbike for 300baht a day and tht saved a lot of time travelling in and out of the hotel. The view is also breathtaking as it faces the mountain. Great place for couples to enjoy and relax! Would definitely come back again and recommend!!

• Stayed: January 2011
2  Thank d2211
Reviewed 14 January 2011

Prior to arriving at the hotel, we''ve had some contact with the staff via email. They were always polite, helpful and prompt with their responses. When we arrived, the service they provided was as promised. We were picked up at the airport, and sent to the resort. At first, we didn't know what to expect as it was away from the bustling Ao Nang beach district. There is an hourly bus shuttle service which took us from the resort to the main area (5 minutes drive). Scooters were also available for rental. This made it very convenient even though it was not located in the heart of Ao Nang.

Overall, we were pleased with the level of service provided. The rooms were spacious and the toilet was almost as big as the rooms. The reception booked the tours for us to Phi Phi Islands, 4 islands and the Tiger Cave temple. There were no glitches during our stay, apart from the weather.

There are only 32 rooms in this hotel and we felt that the staff were attentive. We were very impressed by the standards upkept by this fairly new hotel (less than 2 years). We would definitely recommend it to others.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank glrchn
Reviewed 10 January 2011

My family and I stayed here only briefly for one night, and I have to say it was the most perfect resort I have ever stayed at. We travelled as a large group of 9 including a 6 month old baby and not one of us was made to feel unwelcome. The rooms were impeccible, and although I was upgraded to a suite due, I would have been more than happy with a basic room as these were not only plenty big enough but were furnished to such a high standard etc. Staff were so very helpful and courteous. I would highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family