All reviewsswimming poolshort stayenjoyed my stayspecial thankscolombo citynice staybuffet dinnergreat hospitalitybathtuboperative
Reviewed 3 September 2014

The hotel was very convenient when arriving late at night. As previously arranged, a staff member was waiting to meet us at the airport and took us to the hotel with the minimum of fuss. The room was nice , spacious and comfortable although not luxurious. We had most of our meals at the hotel and found them quite tasty. Servings were very generous.
Staff at the front desk and restaurant were very polite and ready to help. One day as we had a power failure for most of the day, the Manager Janaka apologised and ensured that all our drinks that day were complementary. We stayed for 6 nights initially, as well as another 2 nights prior to commencing a tour. It was very enjoyable. We will be sure to consider this hotel on any further visits to Colombo.
Thanks very much to all those concerned.

ED and MD Melbourne Australia
August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I recently spent one night at this lovely hotel which is situated near the airport. Like most of the roads in Sri Lanka, the noise level is high, but inside the hotel the atmosphere was relaxing and welcoming and quiet. Every member of staff was so helpful and courteous. I cannot praise them enough. Nothing was too much trouble. You are greeted with a cool drink on arrival. The aquarium in the lobby area is a nice touch and the dish look really healthy. A computer is made available for you if required. My room was excellent, sleep quality good and the toiletries were in plentiful supply and of a very high standard, I am pleased to say. Ample linen was available, including robes, and the lighting was good as was the spaciousness of the room - which including comfortable seating. The breakfast was varied, served at the right temperature and in plentiful supply. The food looked fresh and catered for every taste. This hotel caters for coachloads of travellers as it is convenient to the airport, so food is hot and inviting and, from what I could see, eaten with relish. I went down to dinner where there was live music from an unobtrusive trio. i ordered probably the best noodle dish that I have eaten in a long time.

Just one downfall, in my view - the pool. I was the only one swimming - it was the monsoon after all. However, even though the pool attendant checked the necessary chemical levels while I was swimming, the overall state of the pool itself was grimy and dirty. It urgently needs a thorough spring clean inside the pool please!

If it was not for the cleanliness of the structure of the pool, I would have given this hotel a much higher rating because it deserves it.

I would very happily return to this hotel - I would actually like to stay longer next time. Thank you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view over the gardens and the sea. If you are swimming, you will need to request a robe. The staff here are so helpful.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel was fine for our final night before a very early flight. Nothing memorable positive or negative. Bathrooms were clean with good water pressure. Beds were comfortable. They didn't seem to run the a/c in the hallways, they were a little warm and stuffy, but the a/c in the room was fine.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank SoloCrystal
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Hotel is near the airport. That's the positive
Property is big; with rooms in different sections; sections away from lobby are neglected in terms of cleaning etc.
Rooms are spacious but gives not tidy.
Ordinary breakfast. book it if you just need space to sleep near to airport
nothing to see around the property

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Transit via Sri Lanka from Bangalore, the reception was good and helpful (most importantly they were fast). The rooms were clean and if you intend to sleep this is perfect, the surrounding areas were quiet. Breakfast was good. Pool available.
Hardly could see any shopping areas or nightlife nearby. The hotel might be a little expensive. Stayed at room # 108.

Room Tip: Ground Floor was Silent, The First Floor I guess you can see the roads.. no eye-catching monuments.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo