“Avoid the steak”
Review of Cock O Barton

Cock O Barton
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Barton
Price range: US$ 17 - US$ 34
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Very nice decor and friendly staff. Lots of parking. Food delicious. My only gripe was the steak. It cost £24 and although very tasty it was tiny. You will notice from the menu that they don't say what weight it is but at that price I was expecting at least eight ounces. It was nowhere near. To make it worse it came with eight, yes eight chips. First time in ages that I have gone home from a restaurant hungry. I'm giving it four stars because everybody else in my group loved it and had decent sized portions. Having said that, afterwards Mrs Bianconero realised that she hasn't been given any type of potatoes at all with her roast dinner.

2  Thank Bianconero

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Just called into the Cock o Barton on our way home from Wrexham. I have been here several times also paid a lot of money for my mum and Dad to get married here (before he died) walked in this evening after calling ahead to check the time of last orders and received the most awful welcome! As we walked in a young girl sat at the bar said to the manager behind the bar “why have you let them in”!!! We feel really unwelcome and really out of place, been made to feel like we are not good enough to be in here. I work as hard for my money as anyone else in here. Was looking to book private dining for my son’s 16th for the whole family but think we will go somewhere where we are welcome and not sitting here feeling like we are an inconvenience I will think twice about ever coming in here again, disgusted really!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited with friends a very snowy weekend. Was taken to our rooms in the converted block which is separate to the main pub. Rooms were beautifully appointed in a contemporary/rustic style and were warm and clean. Warmed ourselves with a few 2 for 1 drinks at the bar before enjoying a beautiful meal. We were staying as a party night package and there were a large number of parties there which did get very loud. We left early as the live band was not to our taste. Breakfast the next morning was a full English and delicious. Would definitely return, lovely night away.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Sunday lunch for 10 members of the family spanning 4 generations aged from 8 to 91 years old. There was something for everyone on a great choice of food. Service was really good. The premises are modern and with a great atmosphere. We will be returning.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Wow what a place. My family and I went there for Sunday lunch. The meals were superb the service was first class could not fault it. Massive thanks to all concerned for making an ordinary Sunday into a special occasion.

1  Thank Paul G