All reviews pine trees bus terminal breakfast buffet strategic location pleasant stay banks environment traffic trail steamboat
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Pros:near town,walking distance,large rooms, ample car parking bays,good wifi,comfy beds.
Cons: no mineral water bottles provided-fill at dispenser,small tv, breakfast average, old kampung design rooms, lack of maintenance,lights not working,no room service.

Came for business meeting.stayed on 1st floor.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2018

I had a good 2 night stay at this hotel. The reception was a little cold but overall, the benefits were not expensive and pleasant. The breakfast was rich and original. I now know where to sleep in Tanah Rata.

Room tip: Gardens available at ground floor, ask for it ;)
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

I went up to cameron for a meeting, remembered that century pines is a very nice hotel so I book in for a night B08 with the garden. Unfortunately it wasn’t as expected. The toilets were not as cleaned as it could be, towels were brown in colour . Sink could be cleaner. It wasn’t as expected.

When we requested for late checked out, we were informed it’s rm50 per 30min. Front desk staff were foreigners and couldn’t communicate effectively.

Hope the management can take this as a positive comment and improve on it.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I would definitely recommend staying in Tanah Rata over Brinchang. It's a charming little town with everything within walking distance, as opposed to Brinchang which has a lot of rather soulless high-rise hotels.

Century Pines is in a good location, on one edge of the small town next to a park (which itself is next to the bus station). The hotel looks like a rather grand colonial building and the reception area is all marble and chandeliers. Our room was excellent - very stylish with a comfy bed, although the bathroom was a little gloomy and the laundry rates are the most expensive I've experienced in Asia.

One negative - which applies to other places in Cameron Highlands too. I asked at reception for a leaflet/map with information about walks we could go on, but they didn't have one (just leaflets on tour operators which offer half/full day trips). I asked at a few places and no such map seemed to exist, which is a shame as I believe there are some great walks to go on.

Overall I'd recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

The location of this hotel is good. Walking distance to bus station and nearby eateries (got starbucks, marrybrown, indian food etc). The area is less hectic compared to brinchang.
The room is spacious provided with a huge, comfortable bed and a sofa.
The bathroom is just ok. They need to change the shower curtain and scrub the bathroom floor at the shower area (see pics). Bathtub and toilet was clean.
Breakfast buffet was average.

This hotel are no longer provide water bottles in the room. They provide water jug in everyroom so we can take water from the water filter machine outside the room. I really appreciate their effort in reducing plastic waste.

Date of stay: March 2018