“Best king prawn Tina masala ever”
Review of Ovisher Tandoori

Ovisher Tandoori
Ranked #5 of 28 Restaurants in Kidlington
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Ovisher which means "The lovers meeting place" was established in 1981. Being one of the oldest Indian restaurants in Oxfordshire, it has been serving the people of Kidlington and Oxford for more than 30 years. One of our greatest boast is that three generations of families have now been enjoying the Ovisher cuisine. Our food is indeed aimed to be special and our experienced chef's are always studying our customers culinary desires, to produce good, if not the finest curry. This special food of ours is served in a warm and relaxing environment, set up by our friendly and attentive staff. Our new improved online ordering system (you will not be disappointed), please give it a try. It supports online payment as well as Apple Pay.
Reviewed 17 June 2015 via mobile

I rang up and ordered a takeaway the man on the phone was so friendly, he asked how my day had been and how my family was really chatty and happy.
I ordered king prawn masala the man on the phone said the chef could peel the prawns for me as I didn't like them with the shells on.
The food was delivered to my door within 45 minutes.
The mushroom rice was delicious and the king prawn massala totally yummy and delicious. I would highly recommend Ovisher

1  Thank Cat198113
Maruf M, Owner at Ovisher Tandoori, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2015

Dear Valued Takeaway Customer,

Hope all is going well with you and the family. It is me, the chatty chap on the phone, prolonging your conversation in order to ensure you are nothing but happy.

At Ovisher we strive in trying to tailor our dishes as much as possible to the customers need (when asked for). And it is certainly a delight that you enjoyed your bespoke Tandoori King Prawn Massala.

Verily, stumbling upon a happy customer, keeps everyone at Ovisher also happy.

Many thanks for choosing us. Can't wait to pick up your next call.....

Reviewed 13 June 2015 via mobile

I have had both a take away and have sat down for a meal and every time the Ovisher does not fail. If looking a Indian in Kidlington then look no further.

Dear Valuable Customer,

Sincere Greetings, it was indeed a pleasure reading your charming review about our takeaway service as well as our dine in facility. It is stupendous to discover you enjoyed both your takeout meal as well as your dine in meal - what more could I ask for?

Thank you for the fact you will be recommending us to your friends and family, your support is verily vital and needed - especially in this day and age where catering businesses are literally opening in every corner of the town!

We hope to see you again,
Best Wishes

Reviewed 12 June 2015 via mobile

I used to use this curryhouse 30 year's ago. The decor has not really changed much. But the food definitely has. The staff were to bussey having a laugh with themselves rather than see if you were OK. The food was very poor. Such a shame

7  Thank tootrue64
Maruf M, Owner at Ovisher Tandoori, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2015

Dear Customer,

I hope all is going well and that you are in the best of health.

We are very sad that you experienced a bad service and food. Please tell me which day and date you dined in and I promise to get to the bottom of this.

I recently took over this business in September 2014 and always had this dream to improve this establishment - I am sorry that you didn't receive the immaculate service and food we aim in providing.

As the owner I truly apologize if you felt really like this. I want to give you a £10 gift voucher to use here - because I wholeheartedly believe this place is a gem, and that the food and service is as what I described immaculate.

Please accept my apology and give us another try, if you don't I would be upset for the rest of this year - no honestly I would.

If you do come in please ask for Maruf and I will strive in making your dining experience flawless.

Many Thanks for your understanding and really hope to see you using the £10 gift voucher.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 6 June 2015

We have not eaten in the Ovisher for over 25 years as we had such a bad experience. It has been under new ownership for a few months so I was pressured into giving it a try. All I can say is that from the moment we walked in was a great experience, service was excellent ( I even left a tip and believe me that means the experience was above and beyond of what was expected, as a general rule I do not tip), the food was excellent and the whole experience was great.

Maruf M, Owner at Ovisher Tandoori, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2015

Greeting Trevor,

How amazing it is to hear after those lost long years, your heart has inclined once again towards Ovisher.

25 Years seems very long - nevertheless, the important thing is that you are now back. Back to conquer every dish on our Menu and have dining experiences that will be filled with joy and laughter (for the next 25 years to come).

It will certainly be a celebration for Ovisher tonight, after discovering your success meal here at the hands of the new management. We certainly can't wait for your next arrival.

I will be praying (before I go to bed tonight) wishing you will never leave again.

Warm Regards and welcome once again to The Ovisher Restaurant.

Reviewed 1 June 2015 via mobile

Discovered Ovisher about 2-3 months ago and have been regularly since often once a week.
The Ovisher platter is a wonderful starter and gives you a taste of what is to come.
I particularly like the tandoori salmon which is so tender and tasty.

Dear Customer,

It is a pleasure reading your review. Many Thanks in taking time reviewing this establishment. It is great to see you have now become a solid customer of Ovisher since your first visit months ago and it is indeed a contentment seeing you coming in every Monday - Building new customers certainly makes the staff at Ovisher very happy.

I hope you liked our unexpected surprise of the Birthday cake at the end of your meal and your kind compliments about Ovisher's Salmon Shashlick and Ovisher Platter have been passed to the hardworking kitchen Staff - hopefully your complements would boost their confidence!

Once again, Thank you for choosing this establishment.

Best Regards,