All reviews afternoon tea laura ashley air conditioning wedding reception secret escapes spa facilities wedding breakfast executive room wedding venue bridal suite relaxing stay following morning lovely grounds buffet style weekend break stayed here for one night an overnight stay
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed at this lovely hotel overnight having attended a wedding reception nearby.
The main building is 17th Century and has all those lovely quirks that go with very old buildings e.g creaky floorboards! There have been some upgrades such as replacement windows and central heating, but nothing to change the overall feeling of the place. The room was pleasantly furnished with all the comforts required. The en suite shower room had good quality complimentary products, a roomy walk in shower and big fluffy towels.
My only negative point is breakfast - I personally don't like a buffet style breakfast, however, accepting that it is the norm in many hotels, have to 'go with the flow'. My one request would be to have warm plates to serve onto. I appreciate that for health and safety reasons the plates can't be hot, but food served onto cold plates, gets cold very quickly. However, this is only a minor thing - the choice of food available was extensive - covering a full English or a continental breakfast.
The hotel staff were professional, but cheerful and helpful.
A nice place for anything from an overnight stay to a long weekend.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed in the hotel for 2 days and we had amazing stay... all the staff is very helpful and so friendly Radju, Ryan and Nick thank u this made our stay even better !!!and in the morning 13.9 we got served from lady who was also very nice to us ..just didn’t catch the name “sorry”very nice location and view from the hotel, the only one think I would recommend is to get more housekeeping staff cause we find LEGO under our bed .. but I would definitely recommend to stay here .. nice price, awesome location and friendly staff what else do u need while you traveling a lot

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

We had our wedding at Burnham Beeches in July this year and what can I say...
The food we had for our meal was awful and NOT what we had tasted during our trial a few months prior. The Quality of the food was absolutely shocking, tough meat,rock hard potatoes, tiny portions and cheesecake that looked like Jelly. The Parmesan chicken has no Parmesan in it?! The Veggie Pie was just filled with Kidney beans, the starter was the most pathetic portion (not the generous portion we had during our trial)..My friend who is seriously Coeliac was given the wrong starter, a whole table didn’t get their desserts until they had to ask someone.
The beer pumps didn’t work so no choice of beer on tap and guests having to pay a lot more money for bottled beer and only one member of staff serving behind the bar who was completely overwhelmed!
Evening buffet was terrible. Our scones we ordered and spent £160 on never even come out. The sausage rolls never come out with the correct sauce & were not cooked properly (and cost us £2.50 each!) and the veggie sausage baps were on the same tray as the normal sausage baps.
The DJ was actually shocking, they never played half the songs we had sent them, played songs we specifically asked not to be played and completely ruined our playlist! No-one could hear our ceremony music or our walking out as Mr & Mrs Song, our dinner music kept getting turned on and off..
The DJ was terrible, after speaking to the DJ company that was booked through the hotel as part of the package they admitted complete fault but that doesn’t change the fact we had to deal with that on our special day!
Rooms were like saunas! Getting ready in the bridal suite we was given 1 old fan. Thank god my parents and bridesmaids bought more! They have nothing in place to cater for hot days. You could not feel the air conditioning during our ceremony and dinner making our guests feel extremely hot and uncomfortable.
We was also promised our wedding cake would be saved for us to try and take home the next day. They never done this and must have thrown it out! So my husband and I never got to try our own wedding cake! The morning of the wedding The outside area was full of cigarette butts and dirty tables which I had to wipe down myself!
Sarah and Joao were very helpful and I found would always reply to emails (when we was paying them and leading up to the wedding) but when we decided to make a complaint we didn’t hear back for weeks!
After complaining it become very apparent how much we were ripped off for the food and the wedding package. I would advise any brides getting married here to ask them for a break down in where your money is going!
We managed to get a small refund back which took over 3 weeks to be paid!
I could honestly go on and on but those were just a few of the issues we faced! To me food and music are such important parts of your wedding day and Burnham Beeches did not deliver a satisfactory service and this is something we will have to always look back on.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pink_Penguin1
Reviewed 10 September 2018

This hotel is nothing like it should be. Me and my partner we're attending a wedding here. As part of the bridal group we arrived to find that our suites we're not ready at 4.30pm!! once sorted and started enjoying our evening we chose to have dinner which was a disappointment, for the amount they charge per portion I would expect better, barely any meat or flavour just huge amount of noodles. Our nights stay was terrible due to a wedding party in that proceeded to shout right outside our rooms the C word, banging on our door at 4am. When mentioned to the staff they said they did tell them to be quiet (we never heard them and it did nothing) and that a day manager would speak to us, they never did. Once me and my partner checked into our room we found a huge fist mark indented into the wall which was not seen by staff indicating they are not really checking rooms properly. When mentioning no managers we're available that could deal with this adequately except a bar manager. Finally after checking out and paying for our room we discovered a few days later £169 was taken from my account on top of our room fee. When contacting them regarding this was never discussed with us as it was only a pre-authorisation charge and would not be taken from my account they said it would take 5-7 days to refund! They do not care about their customers as when emailing them to complain they have not investigated anything and brushed it under the carpet.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank laura s
Reviewed 8 September 2018

We stayed here for a night September 2018. On arrival Dawn checked us in and was very efficient and professional. I asked for some history about the hotel and Dawn gave me a fact sheet history which was very interesting.
The restaurant was very good excellent, Fernando was very efficient and professional hard working and helpful. The food was outstanding the choices varied and presented very well. The food was very tasty and enjoyable . Fernando worked hard to look after all the residents in the restaurant.
Very happy with our stay would definitely return here for a relaxing spa break . Excellent choice so happy to find such a great hotel with lovely grounds .
Would recommend this hotel for relaxing and the excellent food service.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple