All reviews farm stay mr narendra pure vegetarian family get together each meal amidst nature a great place to stay each cottage home stay organic hospitality bicycles homestay madikeri stretch roads forest
Reviewed 5 November 2016

Great hosts and hospitality. This is the perfect place if you would like to meditate. Organic, tasty food provided. Not many activities that you can do but you would still love this place. The cottages are done very neatly.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

I visited Green dreams with my family during the Dasara holidays. We were particular about a vegetarian farm stay.

True to its name, it is a green heaven. The open spaces were loved by kids and adults alike. The rooms were in pristine condition. I loved the attention to detail in keeping it environment friendly, right from not having plastic mugs or buckets in the bathrooms.

The food served for breakfast, lunch and dinner were just awesome. Great taste emanating from claypot cooking. Just enjoyed being disconnected with no TV.

Last but not the least, take a bow, Mr. Narendra Hebbar, for his knowledge and passion on agri tourism, coffee and the way maintained the property.

Would love to go back again and again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2016

The attention to detail in the "cottage" was the first thing that hit us. Remarkable! The quality of the pillows and mattress, spotless linen, the cot, the clean towels, the soap and shampoo and the overall decor will clearly suggest that no expense was spared. We had a sound sleep and woke up to the chirping of birds, something to be treasured.
And then, there's Mr. Narendra, perhaps setting the gold standard for hospitality and customer service! This is one of the few places where we could afford to be care-free of our 2-yr old running around all the time. The staff is friendly and Harish tries to do his best to communicate with the other non-kannadiga staff.
While we got snacks, juices, special food and milk for our toddler, none of it was charged to us. The food deserves a special mention as it was mouth watering and Mr. Narendra's details of ingredients grown in the farm left us excited and we always over-ate. Very scenic views from this farm stay and breath-taking sunset at Chiklihole reservoir (20 min drive) is not to be missed. Perfect location enabling short trips to Dubare / Nisargadhama / Golden Temple etc.
We left with a bunch of Mr. Narendra's own "Ainmane" products which are truly exceptional. Can't wait to be back here as the menu and delicacies change every season.

Room Tip: Cottage #5 offers maximum privacy
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2016

Just visited this place during 2nd weekend of Sep 2016 alongwith my small family. After reading so many positive reviews of the property, I planned this visit. I fully agree with all the positive reviews which has been written about this property and the same has been experienced by me . This is the first time iam not able to pen anything about the property as whatever I write, it seems like a duplication of other reviews.
Anyways just a few points what I thought will make visitors more comfortable to plan –
1. It’s purely a Organic Farm stay property, I was made aware that all the food stuff they use are Organic & grown in location . Also Milk products provided is from the Cows reared at the property and the food is cooked in Earthern ware that too on a Wood fire stove. Food, Tastewise is just balanced not too heavy on spice & oil nor too less, very light on stomach. I felt, however much I eat the stomach was not getting full. I really liked the thick curds served daily.
2. The location is just superb with greenery all around, midst of agricultural fields & Coffee plantations. The silence can be felt at the maximum level & the property is neatly maintained having very clean cottages which can be compared to 3 star hotels. Afternoons tend to have higher temperatures hence AC’s are fixed in Cottages & early mornings & evenings are just great. Power backup is another plus point here. The support staff are also very friendly. I feel it’s a boon for small family, as you can have a privacy with cottages located with lot of space in between & security wise no need to worry as CCTV cameras are installed in the property. Mobile phone network also available.
3. The plus point of this Farm stay is Owner Mr. Narendra Hebbar, he sees to it that a personal attention is given to each department by visiting atleast once in a day and interacts with the guests quite often and dines with guests . By doing so, we can be assured that the quality & quantity of food served is upto the mark, the property is always under scanner from the Owner.
4. Reaching this location is bit tricky but if care taken then you will reach the location correctly else you just keep wandering every where as the Farmstay doesn’t have a sign boards as the Owner doesn’t like to have walk in guests. A tip, after you take a left turn from the Kushalnagar main road, just drive slowly , you find a river water rafter centre on the left and again few kilometers say 1.5 Km, on the right side you find Old type of Cement made Bus stand on the right side of the road , chances are high you miss this Bus stop as this stop is covered with weeds and it’s a old type of Bus stand, there you need to take the right turn and follow the route map.
5. You can stay aput for the whole stay at the property else you can also plan for sightseeing spots nearby , if you are interested in river rafting then the one I mentioned before is said to be less crowded, as told to me, by other visiting guest who had tried at other place and finally ended with the mentioned one.
To sum up my review this farm stay is perfectly made for the people who wish to experience silence , eager to live in midst of nature & also to experience a farm stay with a different kind of hospitality. Finally, worth the tariff charged.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2016

We had such a great stay at Green Dreams. The property is beautiful, the food is so delicious, and the staff is warm and friendly. We were seeking a relaxing weekend away from the city and we got exactly what we wanted. Narendra was very kind and informative, he even gave us a tour of the property, teaching us about everything that they are growing. Anyone interested in farming or food or even just a relaxing break from city life should definitely make a visit here!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family