Barlborough Heritage & Visitors Centre
Review Highlights
Lots of local history.

The staff are helpfu, friendly and eager to help. It's interesting if you like finding out about... read more

Reviewed 16 February 2017
johnwF882OR
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Visit

Very local to where I live. Very interesting items and staff very knowledgeable and friendly... read more

Reviewed 25 January 2017
Anne J
Renishaw, United Kingdom

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 October 2015

My wife was born at Barbers Row so she really enjoyed our visit. There where old photos which included her in them. A really good couple of hours enjoyment

1  Thank arthur w
Reviewed 11 September 2015

I was very surprised when I got to Barlboro and found the Heritage Centre and was Very surprised to meet Tony and his Wife,who made me feel so very very welcome I was surprised there was no charge to go in, and on entering how much they had in such a small space and it did not look clutted,it was really very nicely laid out,and after traveling up from Hampshire,I am so pleased I managed to make a stop there for a visit
I got lots of info etc and it has already paid of with phone calls to family I have never met I am now 77 that takes some doing.
It was so good to meet you both and a Very big Thankyou
Pat and George Maxfield

2  Thank George M
Reviewed 17 June 2015 via mobile

We visited Barlborough to do some family history research. We had contacted Tony at the Heritage Centre in advance and when we arrived he was waiting for us with lots of information.
Nothing was too much trouble. We were taken to the churchyard to see an ancestors grave, and to Barlborough Hall, now a school, to take some photographs.
In the Heritage Centre there was lots of information to help people researching the area or just interested in the history of the village.
We spent a very pleasant morning there and are grateful to Tony for his help.
A recommended facility

2  Thank RomanbyRamblers
Reviewed 5 August 2014

If you are in the area - pay it a visit as it is a wonderful centre and you will learn about the village and surrounds

1  Thank gramps49
Reviewed 27 October 2013

First of all it's free! Obviously a labour of love by Tony and his team. There isn't anything he doesn't know about the area. There are many old maps and records from the late 18th century which pre-date the first national 1841 census.

1  Thank John1956