Stella Maris is a 40 year old resort on Long Island in the Bahamas which is a hidden jewel among Caribbean resorts. While the rooms are not new, they are clean and up to date with coffee makers and refrigerators. The meals exceeded our expectations in variety, quality, and taste. The service was marvelous, and all the staff made a effort to learn our names and go out of their way to provide for our needs and interest. Our primary reason for travel was scuba diving, and we were not disappointed. The dive master, Robert Cokley, has more than 25 years experience, and he placed great emphasis on our safety. Under water he made many efforts to show the hidden fish, lobsters, and other sea life he knew was hidden in the reefs. We dove several patch reefs, Deans Blue Hole and a day trip to the wall on Conception Island. Robert had the experience to judge each diver's ability and let them dive at their own pace. After all day diving, we were not up for a big night life, but the staff provided a cookout and rum punch party. After being spoiled with gourmet food and great diving, it was difficult leaving this beautiful island. Stella Maris is definitely on our list for a return dive destination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stella Maris Resort Club,is off the beaten path. On a tranquil island, where nature abounds, where the ocean and beaches are at their best, with an unhurried pace of life and with islanders, much known for their old-fashioned hospitality and friendliness.We are an intimate out island style resort, offering a wide range of tropical accommodations, from panoramic ocean view rooms to appealing four bedroom water front villas. Food is great, as is casual evening fun. Many activities are free of charge. We can even fly you here from your international Bahamas airport hub. It's a place for anyone who seeks to get away from every-day's stress, who loves nature, who loves being at and in the water. From singles to couples, from families to small groups. And there is no better place for a romantic island wedding, barefoot or elegant, or for celebrating your anniversary! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stella Maris Resort Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stella Maris Resort Club Hotel Long Island
- Stella Maris Hotel
- Stella Maris Resort Club Long Island, Bahamas