“World Class Beach”

Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Long Island
Reviewed 14 September 2010

I have been to lots of places in Asia, the Indian Ocean and elsewhere, and I can say this beach is absolutely world class and a reason alone to travel there. For a beach bum like me, this is heaven and thanks to the great staff & management of the resort, we were also able to enjoy mother nature.

Service was very relaxed and friendly. Food was EXCELLENT. We had the mealplan for breakfast and dinner and never got "bored" with the menu. The bungalows were not luxurious but comfy with all you need for such a vacation. And no, we had no privacy issues.

The only annoying thing is getting to Long Island if you don't have your own plane. We flew with Locair and they were delayed by 3 hours on both ways.

Otherwise, the resort is doing everything right, it's true paradise.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 September 2010

This was our 2nd visit, for our anniversary in Aug. This year was even better than the last. We were able to get our favorite bungalow and we were so happy. We think that this beach is the finest in the world. Absolutely calm, shallow to about 100 ft from shore. You float, crawl, sit on your knees and enjoy! Not a single bit of seaweed, only crystal clear water. An occassional sting ray swims by. Last year Ewa and Brook were away when we visited and the only complaint we had was the restaurant staff, slow and not really friendly. This year, with Ewa and Brook on site, the staff was much more attentive and friendly. We recommend the full meal plan, very good food and no hassle with prices, etc. Have your cab driver stop for beer, water, etc. on the way to the resort, it will save you a bundle! We visit the caribbean 5-6 times a year and CSM is our favorite of all. We will return every year unless something changes.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dignplant
Reviewed 8 September 2010

We were married on Abaco Island and spent the rest of the week exploring the Out Islands. We had no reservations and no plans. We flew low and if a place looked interesting to us then we stopped. I have to say we spent eight days exploring the Islands and this one was our most favorite place. Not only our most favorite in the Bahamas, but our most favorite anywhere! The sand felt like velvet, the staff was incredible, the food was delicious. What could be better than watching the sun set and watching the sun rise in the arms of the one you love most? Apon our departure, I simply commented on how much I enjoyed the music playing in the lobby.... they burned me a copy of the CD and I listen to it when I want to be taken back to Cape Santa Maria. We will visit again..... Paul and Jennifer Barnett (Brookhaven, Ms)

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2010

We just came back from a 4 night stay at this small resort after a road trip through the West Coast of the USA.
Cape Santa Maria is the best place that you can ever imagine if you are looking for a isolated and spectacular beach (yes¡¡¡ this is the beach in the postcards).
We were really surprised when the Resort Manager told us that we were the first guest from Spain that he had received in the last two years.
From now on, we have the ideal place to end our vacation trips every time we travel to America.
1) The food and the service are more than OK . I read a few complaints about service but after being there I must say that the service is not outstanding but correct enough to feel confortable; I guess that the caribean way of life is more relaxed and that affects the service standards a little bit but nothing that you can not deal with if you take it easy and relax yourself.
2) The rooms are more than correct and all of them are located in front of the beach.
3) And, as I said before, the beach is stunning.
I strongly recommend this place to anyone that is looking for tranquility and the best beach.
We will try to go back as soon as we have another oportunity. Thanks to the staff and Team of Cape Santa Maria for a beatiful stay.
I encourage travellers from Spain to discover and enjoy this unspoiled and beautiful Place.
www.cochemartin.com

Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2010

Where to start!?! Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort is absolutely amazing. No picture or review could possibly do it justice, but I will try anyways.

The Beach
I can almost guarantee that you have not seen a prettier beach. The sand is so white and soft, it is almost like powder. This coupled with the clear, calm blue water is heaven. Many hours were spent sun tanning on the beach, and hopping in and out of the water to cool off. Although there were many people visiting at the same time as us, we felt like we had the entire place to our selves. There was no need to “reserve” a chair with a beach towel or anything like that. There was tons of room for everyone!

The Food
We ate at the restaurant for almost every meal while we were visiting. We were there for a little over a week and felt that there were still many more things we wished we had a chance to try before we left. The food was great! My husband loved the eggs Benedict at breakfast. I really enjoyed the banana bread French toast. Conch Fritters were another one of my husband’s favorite and now he is trying to find a way to make them at home! Every night they had a different dinner feature that was always delicious. The drinks are also great. Rum Punch and Kalik beer were my favorite.

The Accommodation
How can you not love the accommodations at this place? You wake up every morning and are literally about 10 steps from the beach. What a lovely way to start a day. The screened porch makes for great shade or a relaxing way to watch the sunset. Everything was clean and comfy and I loved the amenities in the rooms. It was a great home away from home.

The Activities
While the main goal of our vacation was to relax, there was no way my husband could sit still the entire time we were there. Luckily there are lots of options of things to keep you busy. We were lucky enough to spend an afternoon on the water with Bert fishing. The fish that you catch off the reef are so beautiful. They are almost too pretty to catch! We also went on a boat tour that took us to see iguanas and go snorkeling. Everything about this tour was fun. We were even lucky enough to have a dolphin swim beside our boat and put on a little show for us! We also toured Long Island a little. We went to The Blue Hole, into the caves, and to Max’s Conch Bar for lunch. All of these things are a must do!

The Staff
What an amazing group of people. From the second you arrive, everyone makes you feel at home. All the staff makes an effort to ask you how things are going during your vacation. The front desk girls – Breanda, Starlene, Shaquira – are all so kind and accommodating. The restaurant staff is so fun. Maxine, Cindy, Kelli, and everyone work hard to make sure you are having a great experience. Bert, the activities manager, is such a blast. He always has the biggest smile on his face! The resort managers, Brook and Ewa, are literally at the resort from morning until well into the evening making sure each guest is taken care of and feels welcome. There are tons of other staff that we met and fell in love with as well - way too many to list! Everyone at the resort makes you feel special and comfortable.

Really, I can’t say enough good things about this place. It was above and beyond anything we expected. We really hope to return soon!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
73.3 km away
Gems At Paradise Resort
Gems At Paradise Resort
#1 of 2 in Clarence Town

Been to Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK