Country Cove Inn(Deadman's Cay)
US$ 111
Winter Haven Inn(Clarence Town)(Great Value!)
US$ 143
US$ 137
Greenwich Creek Lodge(Long Island)(Great Value!)
US$ 151
US$ 129
Hotels.com
Harbor Breeze Villas(Clarence Town)(Great Value!)
US$ 134
US$ 113
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Club Peace & Plenty(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$ 235
US$ 200
Regatta Point(Great Exuma)(Great Value!)
US$ 211
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Yacht Club(George Town)
US$ 165
All reviewsmeal planbeautiful beachreef fishingscreened in porchconch barsouthern airrented a carsandy caydean's blue holestella mariscolumbus monumentconch frittersbug spraypaddle boardsbreakfast and dinnerhobie catremote island
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Amazing beach, amazing resort, amazing staff!
We had a great stay at Cape Santa Maria. Arrived via Nassau and were blown away by the beautiful beach.
Our room was perfect for a lovely beach stay; however, we didn't spend much time in it as the there was so much to do and see. We spent time snorkling, kayaking, fishing, on a boat tour, and just enjoying the beach on the sun chairs. We did spend some time on our screened deck in the evenings, but also enjoyed strolls on the beach. The bugs were not bad at all!
The food was great. We tried and enjoyed everything on the menu. There were so many choices for every type of eater. Meal sizes were very generous.
The staff at the resort were icing on an already delicious cake. The local staff as well as the managers made you feel important and took very good care of you. They were always there to help. It was so nice to see management so hands on and welcoming. They made you feel at home from the moment you arrived.
We had a great time and can not wait to go back. Thank you Cape Santa Maria!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrsoconnor
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I can't say enough about Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort - in all my travels across five continents and close to 50 countries I have yet to find a beach holiday spot that rivals it. Since returning home I am nurturing a "Bahama hangover" where all I can think about is the best holiday we've ever experienced and the only cure is to return as soon as possible. I'm normally not big into writing reviews but saw that the resort was voted Tripadvisor Traveler's Choice Top 25 in the Caribbean and then saw the review posted by leon789 and felt compelled to write a review to share our fantastic experience at Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort. I think the measure of a good holiday is if you feel like you got your money's worth and secondly if you feel like a welcomed guest - the resort nailed both of those. Brook and Ewa and their local staff are full of fun and personalities and by the end of the holiday you will feel like family. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Pick a villa for a luxury condo feel or choose a bungalow for a more rustic beach experience.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2012

First let me say this beach is amazing. We have seen great beaches and this one is at the top (Anguilla, Barbuda, Maroma Mexico, etc). Our favorite beach used to be Shoal Bay East on Anguilla. However, the beach at CSM is probably better just because the water is out of this world. It is the most amazing color and so clear.

The bungalows are perfect although we did have some bugs on the sink outside of the bathroom. We already knew that the bathrooms were outdated but the room is very clean. The screened porches are amazing at night and during the day. I do not understand why more islands do have screened porches. There is nothing like sitting outside in the Caribbean at night. My wife fell asleep on the porch on two different nights. However, do not go outside of the screened porch or you will be literally swarmed by mosquitos. We have been to places known for mosquitos and CSM beath them all by a long shot. You cannot go outside after dusk. Once you leave the clubhouse the room is your final destination. Your dreams of those romantic night walks on the beach are not going to happen here. We went out one night to look at the stars and I felt like a beekeeper without the suit and the bees were mosquitos (and yes we did have DEET).

The food was pretty good. I enjoyed it more than my wife. They were out of filet and some other items. The grouper fingers were the best I have ever had. The conch fritters were good. My wife thought the food was a little bland but that is what I like about it. I like seafood to be simply prepared. The drinks were decent. Would have been nice to have a mojito but not available. The Rum Punch was was too sweet but then that has been every island (except for Antigua-perfect rum punch everywhere).

I was not as fond of the manager and his wife as everyone else seems to be. She was very cold and he has no idea about customer service. I think they both cater to the villa guests. We heard the way he talked to a couple on their honeymoon and we were shocked. He basically talked to them like children and he is a young guy. We did like the staff other than the management. The restaurant service can be a little cold at first but they always warm up.

If you are looking at this hotel, I would assume you know there is nothing to do on the property. You go here for the beach.

With all this being said, we would go back. We don't really care that much about service and go more for the destination. I would rent a car. Although, it's not the prettiest island to drive around (like most islands known for beaches). It does feel very untouched and pure. The hotel itself is beautiful. I will post some pics in the next couple of days. Feel free to PM any questions.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank leon789
BrookCSM, Director of Business Development at Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Dear leon789,
Thank you for your review of August 3.
I am delighted that you think you might come back for another visit to Cape Santa Maria, but very sorry to read that you were left with anything less than a stellar impression of our Management Team. Brook and Ewa have been with our company for fourteen years and have earned the reputation as hard working, polite and incredibly hospitable people, as many of our guest reviews indicate. I have had the pleasure of working closely with both of them over many years and was a constant witness to their integrity, work ethic, and willingness to assist others.
I sincerely hope that on your return visit you will have another opportunity to get to know them a bit better under different circumstances. I am confident that you will be impressed, as we continue to be.

Best regards,
Susan Barcham
Director of Business Development

Reviewed 22 July 2012

This place is worth visiting just for the sake of swimming in its unbelievable beach. The rooms are fairly spacious and with all the basic amenities and comforts minus a TV, but who needs it in a place like this? We got a full meal plan (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and got stuffed every day. The quality of food is very good and the same goes for the drinks. If you happen to visit the place in August be aware of the mosquitoes that show up in the thousands after dusk. I would recommend renting some snorkeling equipment for an evening. The kind of tropical fish and other marine life that you will witness will blow your mind. Also do the island tour that they offer. You simply gotta see the Dean's Blue Hole!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WideBodyroga
Reviewed 16 July 2012

After a fantastic holiday at Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort 3 years ago, my fiance and I didn't hesitate to choose the resort as our destination wedding. Thanks in big part to the wonderful staff - Ewa + Brook were best in class wedding planners and made the planning from afar a lot of fun and stress-free. Breanda executed exactly what we had imagined our day to be like! Our 70 guests (including 9 children) from 9 different countries seemed to all find activities that suited them. Not only was it the perfect venue for a celebration of love on a secluded beach in the Caribbean amongst family + friends but it was a fun-filled adventure, where our friends + family had days to get to know each other over happy hours, beach chairs, walks, swims, kayaks, site-seeing, fishing, boating, snorkelling, biking, and long meals. My husband and I stayed there for our honeymoon and upgraded from a bungalow to a villa on the second floor that offered lots of privacy and beautiful views. If you're a fish fan, be sure to try the blackened grouper and the lobster salad. Happy Hour was part of our daily routine - we'd walk the 2 minutes along the beach boardwalk to the Beach House for complementary conch fritters (a local appetizer) while Rashad, Kelly + Jessica whip out delicious cocktails, including my favourite Miami Vice!
We splurged for a treatment by massage therapist Omar + his team, on site at our villa patio with the sounds of ocean in the background. We are already planning our next trip!

Room Tip: Bungalow #14 has a king bed facing the beach view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family