All reviewsmeal planbeautiful beachreef fishingscreened in porchconch barsouthern airrented a carsandy caydean's blue holestella mariscolumbus monumentconch frittersbug spraypaddle boardsbreakfast and dinnerhobie catturquoise water
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I flew in privately to the resort. It cost us $36 for the trip from Stella Maris Airport. The resort is small and a little dated (but clean), but the beach totally made up for the rooms and the service was great. It's one of the nicest beaches I've been to - period. As they say, it's all about location and they have it with their beach. They also take great care of their beach. Someone is cleaning it every morning for sure. Watch out for the mosquitoes!

I also recommend renting a car which they have onsite for $70. Take a trip to Dean's Blue Hole. The food is great, but it gets a little expensive night after night.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ajudgeinmiami
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My wife and I needed a little get away from the stresses of our business and had heard about Cape Santa Maria at the Sun & Fun Flying Convention. The five day mini vacation was just what the doctor ordered. What a beautiful place! It was quiet, clean, peaceful and just a great place to relax. The staff was extremely friendly, the food was great and we met some super nice folks from all over the world. The beach was amazing. It was almost like having your own private beach. After lounging around on the beautiful beach all day we would head to the lounge for a cool cocktail, chat with other guests and learned a lot about other cultures. The beach bungalow was really quiet, well maintained, clean and comfortable. We have been to other islands in the Bahamas over the years and I must say Long Island is one of the prettiest. If you want a place to do nothing but relax then this is the place.

Room Tip: We chose a bungalow on the beach at the very north end and were extremely pleased. It was quiet and only about 20 feet from the beach.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We have spend unforgettable time at CSM.
Everything was perfect and either matched or exceeded our expectations.
The beach is absolutely amazing, since you may feel nostalgic every time when you go to a local beach.
Rooms were clean with breathtaking views right out of the window.
The staff was nice, friendly and attentive. I agree with some reviews that the restaurant service was not the fastest in the world, but I personally liked it, since we wanted to go to a remote place with relaxing atmosphere and disconnect from busy city life as much as possible.
This is a perfect place to relax and unplug; servants running around would simply not fit into this picture. Take a moment off, calm down, talk to you loved ones over a nice meal!
I would like to express our special thanks to Brook, Ewa and Breanda for making our wedding a special day which we will remember for the rest of our lives!
We can not wait to come back.

Room Tip: The bungalows are duplexed and the villas are quads (4 units in one building).
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Dear Dennis S,

Greetings from Paradise!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It was a pleasure meeting you and your friends and family. Thank you for sending the email. Breanda is still smiling after reading your kind words. We hope to see you again.

Best regards,
Brook Castelsky

Reviewed 13 June 2012

Beach - Fantastic
Bungalows - Very good
Water - Cristal clear

Food - Ok, a bit boring and unseasoned
Service front desk - Good
Service restaurant - All women were lazy and unfriendly, the men were better

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dennis123123
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Dear Dennis123123,

Thank you taking the time to post a review as we appreciate all feedback received from our guests. I want to thank you for your comments regarding the hotel and specifically our Front Desk staff. In fact, they are the best Front Desk staff I have had the pleasure of working with. I am discouraged to read your comments regarding our restaurant's service staff. Each day we receive warm comments regarding the hospitality, good food and friendly service, so my hope is this is an isolated situation. In such a competitve industry, we are always trying to improve and your comments certainly allow us to assess our service standards and training programs. Hopefully you will think of us for your next beach vacation and give us the opportunity to show you why we were recently rated by Tripadvisor as the #5 resort in all the Caribbean and #1 in the Bahamas!

Best regards,
Brook Castelsky

Reviewed 30 May 2012

Our stay was exactly what we were looking for this vacation trip. Our bungalow (as all of them are) was steps from the gorgeous beach. It was so nice not to feel like you have to bring something for every foreseeable scenario to the beach with you - your room is just behind you if you need or want anything at all.

This is not a five-star service facility. Just like if you were staying with friends, they have pretty much anything you could want, but you do need to go get it. This is not a hassle in anyway though. Your room, as I mentioned, is right there. The main building is also a short stroll away, and you can feel free to wander in in your beach garb and bare feet (faucets are outside every door to rinse sandy feet first) to get a drink or lunch. There is never a dress code, though people will shower and change out of bathing suits for dinner, just like you would at home. This is a casual, comfortable environment.

We made use of the kayaks a couple times, and snorkeled off the beach (there isn't much to see, but there are a few interesting places if you can find them). We never did make it off the resort or the beach, which is reportedly 4 miles long and does offer some nice stretches for walking and shelling. Add a kayak to the mix to get to other sections within the bay and the days melted by. Our stay really was all about the beach.

The bungalow itself was basic. There are no TVs in the bungalows, which we knew ahead of time and had a few shows saved on the iPad if we decided to watch something in the evenings. They also have a great collection of books in the main building in many languages.

We ate at the restaurant the entire time. As I am allergic to seafood, I had more limited options than my husband, but they were always willing to modify things for me. A couple nights I ate from the lunch menu, which they didn't bat an eyelash at either. Service is slow, but the view is great and there is no where to be. Roll with it and they will warm up to you after a couple days.

Our stay was wonderfully relaxing. We are now trying to rope more family into going back with us.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple