All reviewsmeal planbeautiful beachreef fishingscreened in porchconch barsouthern airrented a carsandy caydean's blue holestella mariscolumbus monumentconch frittersbug spraypaddle boardsbreakfast and dinnerhobie catturquoise water
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Our stay at CSM was fantastic! We stayed there for a week for our honeymoon and it was perfect! It's small and secluded, our bungalow was right on the beach, the beach was absolutely GORGEOUS! It's a very relaxing place, but there are also a lot of fun activities if you choose. If all you want to do is lie on the beach, you can, or if you want to kayak, snorkel, dive, fish, etc., you have that option as well. The food was great (highly recommend the key lime pie).
The resort is managed very well and the staff is very friendly and personable. The manager himself greeted us when we checked in and helped us with our bags. Honestly, my only complaint was that I didn't like their balsamic salad dressing. If I could give this place six stars, I would. It is absolutely worth the price we paid!

Room Tip: If your group has more than two, get the villa as the bungalows are pretty small and designed for couples.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Stayed in an upper villa - very comfortable, up to date furnishings and appliances, even a washer/dryer. If can swing it, go for the villa vs. bungalow. Villas are newer and really spacious with wifi and satellite tv. Screened in porch great place to enjoy sights and sounds of resort. Beach is as beautiful as advertised - maybe more so. Staff was friendly and accommodative, always willing to help. Did spend half day reef fishing with Bert; best part was Bert dropping off our catch at the restuarant, where it was prepared for us for dinner the same night. Rented a car for a day (on-site rental) and had a great day driving down to the Blue Hole to swim and snorkel, followed by a leisurely late lunch at Max's conch bar. Weather was great, and could have easily spent the entire time lounging on the beach. Yes, sugary white sand and incredibly clear water never gets old - think Corona beer ad. This is not a resort for those looking for nightlife/gambling. Restaurant on site is for all practical purposes only option available, and that's ok. It is, however, a place where every constellation is visible in the night sky, and can't think of a better place to "get away from it all" and just relax and unwind.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I'm a little late with my review but I thought I would now that I'm planning on going back. The pictures are true, the other reviews are accurate and I hope it doesn't change.

My family of 5 was looking for fun and relaxation and found it here. This is a small resort which appealed to us as our youngest child was 1. (Other children's ages were 14 and 10).

We did the snorkeling and 1/2 day reef fishing excursion and both proved to be worthwhile excursions that I would do again.

The beach is beautiful and quiet, even in the rain. The bungalow rooms are comfortable and cool. The staff is very pleasant and never in the way. Barely visible, but always available to help.

The food is a solid "very good." It's not a 5-star dining experience but it meets every need and you should not be disappointed.

No internet or tv in the rooms which was perfect for me and my family to stay "unplugged."

April was a great time to be there. The weather wasn't super hot. Bugs weren't much of an issue at all.

There's nothing close to the resort but we did not leave or need to leave the premises for the 5 nights we were there.

As for getting there, that took some time to work out schedules as each airline offers a slightly different schedule each day. We flew Southern Air Charter and Pineapple Air (to and from). Both were acceptable but be prepared for older planes than you may be accustomed to and for "island time" schedule flexibility. (We did not experience any such "island time" issues with our flights; I'm just passing on the advice I was given.)

Bahamas Air, at the time, was really just a code share flight on Pineapple, I believe. If still the case, I'd recommend booking with operating airline direct.

If flying down in a bigger group (and flying from the US), I would look into chartering a plane and flying direct to Stella Maris. Some leave from Ft. Lauderdale. You may not save money but you'll have control over your schedule and get there without an extra stop.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Tarheel_on_the_go
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I was recently down here for a week with a group of 27 for my friend's 40th birthday. I had scene the brochure and while I thought it looked beautiful, I must admit, that not being a lay on the beach and relax type of person, I was a little skeptical. From the MOMENT, I got there and saw our place (we rented 7 villas in total) which was 2 bedroom with condo with every amenity imaginable including a beautiful screened in porch with view of the most crystal blue water I'd ever seen. I was immediately put at ease. I spent the next 5 nights TOTALLY relaxing on the beach, we rented a boat and went snorkeling, kyacking (free) and bicycling around the area (free) and then hanging out at the main house which has a restaurant and bar. The place is low key. We never left resort. If you're looking for clubs, casinos, shopping etc.. (there's a town but I'm told it's at least 20 miles away) But I thought that's what made it so Charming. We ended our nights having a drink in the bar and chatting on the beach or hanging out on one of our porches.

This place is seriously one of a kind. It's secluded and intimate. The beach has relatively no waves so we were able to keep an eye on the kids and not worry about them being knocked over by waves. They were also able to pretty much run freely around as all the bungalows and villas face the water (about a half a football field away) so you can pretty much see them at all times. We each had a meal plan which was excellent with even better service. Every time I walked into the main house for something I was always greeted by my first name and asked if I needed something. It was great! Daily drinks deals during Happy Hour that I thought were very reasonable. We had a 40th birthday buffet dinner on the beach that was decorated so beautifully that I thought I was on a movie set. I would definitely say that if you're looking to do a group vacation this is the way to go.

I loved it so much that I extended my stay a night and rented a bungalow. I was a bit spoiled all week in the villas but the bungalow was quite lovely too. Honestly, I can't wait to go back!!!

Room Tip: Villas are a nice splurge but there really isn't a bad room in the place.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Everything was perfect, including the late February weather. Maybe the best week at the beach we've ever experienced,with over a mile of sugary white sand and reef protected calm, clear water. The accommodations were clean and very comfortable, the restaurant and it's food and drinks were great and the staff members were extremely attentive. We definitely plan to go back.

• Stayed: February 2012
BrookCSM, General Manager at Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2012

Dear Eraykimsey,

Greetings from Paradise!

Thank you very much for the kind review. We truly believe we have the best staff in the Bahamas, so you comments are very much appreciated. In addition, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food and drinks. We hope to see you again next year!

Best regards,