Cape Santa Maria was a wonderful choice for our wedding! We had the most beautiful setting and all of our guests loved the time they spent there. Throughout the planning, Ewa was patient and very helpful with answers to all of our questions and the resort was very accommodating with all of our requests. Despite the stressful nature of wedding preparations, the beautiful beach, the room with a view, and the wonderfully helpful staff (especially Breanda and Maya!) made the days before the wedding as relaxing as possible. As if that weren’t enough, the seclusion of the resort made us feel like we had our own private beach for the wedding and dinner afterward. Even traveling outside the resort we found helpful, friendly people that helped us complete the legal preparations.
We could not have asked for a better honeymoon. The gorgeous ocean, soft sand beaches, and beautiful sunsets made every day special. We spent our time relaxing, kayaking, and exploring the beaches with so few people. We recommend visiting the Columbus Monument (we biked) as the views are spectacular! The only thing we couldn’t do (because of weather and the ocean being too rough) was visit Sandy Cay but we’ll get there next time we come. CSM is not a place you’ll be able to visit just once!
As for food, it was delicious. I’m a picky eater and they were very accommodating with substitutions. Every night they had a featured dish and it was exciting to see each night what it would be.
There were only a couple of negative aspects of the trip. One negative is, in some ways, also a positive. The wait time for food can be quite long. This is great when you’re really involved in the conversation and no one interrupts or hurries you up. It is a bit inconvenient, though, if you’re very hungry or thirsty. The only other negative is that during sunset there are a lot of flying, biting bugs. The resort is very helpful providing bug spray to help with this. It is not a huge issue once you figure out timing or if you are good about using the bug spray.
Overall, I can fully understand why this resort ranks so high on trip advisor and we can’t wait to go back. The beautiful beaches and wonderfully friendly people were so hard to leave!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Untouched... Undiscovered... Barefoot elegance in a Caribbean paradise. Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort is unlike any place you have ever experienced. Mile after mile of silky-fine sandy beach melts into the warm turquoise water. With twenty bungalows and a handful of villas steps from the most beautiful beach in the Bahamas, an escape to Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort is an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Long Island
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort And Villas
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Hotel
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas Long Island, Bahamas