“Blue Bar Does It Well”
Review of Blue Bar

Blue Bar
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 12 July 2015 via mobile

While staying at the Pink Sands Resort, we are here several times. Aside from the ridiculous views, the food is solid. Get the ceviche. It is not of this world. The best I've ever had. The bartender also makes a killer version of the local drink, gombe smash. Wow.

We also had cracked conch, various salads & fruit. All fresh & well prepared. Although like most of the island restaurants, nothing is inexpensive.

1  Thank Marc B

Reviewed 21 June 2015

We came in for a late lunch, looking at the hotel and the view (we weren't staying there), so it was our first impression of the hotel. First, the music that was playing was rap, with language that you wouldn't want your family to hear. It immediately colored my view of the place and made me feel uncomfortable. Our waiter asked us whether we were there for lunch about 4 times, and then got my drink order wrong 4 times (he kept coming back to ask what it was--piña colada or mango daiquiri?). Once the food arrived, everything was very good--my piña colada was excellent, and so were my fish tacos. My husband was less impressed with his chicken and avocado sandwich. Basically, even though it's a beautiful deck, we didn't feel comfortable except when another one of the wait staff, Christopher, came over to talk with us since we knew him from the Runaway Hill Inn--he is really a wonderful guy and helped us get our food and check, even though he wasn't our waiter. So, a mixed review, for sure. By the way, they did turn the music back to something more appropriate--don't know what happened there!

Reviewed 25 February 2015

Ok, I mentioned the view. On Harbour Island the only thing more incredible is the prices at most restaurants. Remarkably Blue Bar has the great view and comparatively reasonable prices. The portions were small, the food was serviceable but the view and the service made the trip worth it. Sip sip gets the bigger crowds but Blue Bar will get you the same view without overpaying for it.

Reviewed 28 January 2015 via mobile

We went for lunch and got the local salad and fish ceviche in a coconut. It was extremely delicious..................!

Reviewed 27 January 2015

I am sure all the food is wonderful on the menu, but I have to rave about the Fish Tacos! They are the best I have ever had! Battered in Kalik beer and oh so yummy! Also, the Conch Salad is a great appetizer! This cute little restaurant has a beautiful view of the beach where you can hear the tide and see the gorgeous shoreline! Makes for great photo opportunities! The Pink Sands is a lovely resort and the Blue Bar is a wonderful part! Relaxed and laid back, a must place to visit on Harbour Island!

1  Thank Fran A