We recently spent an entire week at the Rockhouse. Over the years, we have have stayed at the major Caribbean luxury resorts(Cap Juluca, Caneel Bay, Little Dix Bay, Four Seasons Nevis,etc.). We enjoyed the Rockhouse more than any of them. First of all, the service far exceeds that of the aforementioned resorts, probably due to its small size and the principals involved(Don, Eric, Flo). The restaurant is outstanding and seems to be a social hub of the island. The atmosphere is very serene, romantic and classy; no business groups or chidren under 18 to deal with. We actually preferred the Rockhouse"s location on the harbor side of the island. The sun sets on the harbor side; the views of Eleuthera are beautiful; the other restaurants are much closer; and the the walk to the beach is literally 7 minutes. Lastly, the room rates provide much more value than the the other luxury resorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rock House is a luxury 10 room boutique hotel on Harbour Island, Bahamas. Our fine dining restaurant has one of the best sunset views of the bay. Personal service and unmatched attention to every detail.Rock House has been a vibrant and colourful feature of the Harbour Island landscape since the early 1940's. Originally a private home, then a Bed and Breakfast and for many years a rental property, Rock House today has evolved to become the standard for elegance, island sophistication and superior service. Fodor's Choice, Condé Nast, Travel & Leisure and Tripadvisor award winner.In July 2002, Rock House caught the interest of the well-known South Florida builder J. Wallace Tutt III. Tutt and business partner Don Purdy, who had already created the successful Hotel Impala in South Beach and worked on commissions for Cher and the late Gianni Versace, had a vision of transforming the property into a luxury boutique hotel. The bar and dining experience at Rock House warrant special and distinct mention offering fine dining under the stars on the pool patio, at our select Chef's Table or on the Terrace overlooking the bay - you can be assured of the perfect cocktail, a superb wine list and delectable menu choices, all served by an attentive yet unobtrusive staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Rock House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rock House Hotel Harbour Island
- Rock Hotel Harbor Island
- Rock House Harbour Island, Bahamas