“Lovely surprise”

Mount Cafe
Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in Giffnock
Cuisines: Indian, Nepalese
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great little find, passed many times without giving much thought. Pleased, Eventually sampled this place. cozy setting, delious food, good drink selection and pleasant/friendly staff. All the making for a delightful evening. Don't be put off by exterior

2  Thank Brown1982

Reviewed 15 March 2018

I took 13 people from a dining group there last night and it was fabulous!

Everything was full of flavour and owner /Chef CAN cook

Can't wait to go back

1  Thank 134wilma
Reviewed 21 January 2018

I don’t do reviews ever but for this place I’ll make an exception.
We have visited Mount cafe several times and have never been disappointed. The restaurant is very small but inviting with great service and most importantly excellent food at a very good price. On most visits we have taken what’s left home which we enjoy another night. Living in Busby and eating out at least twice a week we have tried lots of different restaurant’s all around the south side and beyond. Mount Cafe is still our number 1 choice.
My personal favourites, chicken pakora (best I’ve ever had) I go for Chicken Tikka (as I like the sauce separate) and i change the sauce to Jeera Lasooni a Nepalese sauce. There is no draft lager so I wash it all down with a cold Cobra. My mouth is watering thinking of it.
I have an English vegetarian friend who visits India a lot and thought you cant get a good Indian meal in Scotland. Glad to say he’s changed his view after our recent visit.

3  Thank Kevin F
Reviewed 26 August 2017

We have been regular attendees to this restaurant before it was renamed Mount Café a couple of years ago, and the only thing that amazes us is that it's not fully booked every night of the week. As the quality of the food is excellent, the staff are helpful and very friendly and can not do enough for you. If you are looking for a great meal do yourself a favour and give the Mount Café a booking.

1  Thank BGH59
Reviewed 26 August 2017

We have been to the Mount Cafe regularly after finding it a few months back. The food is amazing and the pakora is delicious and I usually don't like pakora.
We took a couple of friends last week who were over from France and they thought it was the best they had tasted. High praise for our local Indian restaurant.
We love the fact that it's a bit like being in your livingroom as you feel really comfortalbe and relaxed. Service is always very good too. Would highly recommend.

1  Thank AngelaKAF