Our very first trip to the Maldives & not sure what to expect as a family but had a fabulous time.
We stayed in a garden bungalow with open air shower which was beautiful. Arrived by seaplane where we were welcomed personally by a number of staff which was a lovely touch. Our suitcases were all taken care of and sent to our rooms whilst we were provided with drinks and a tour of the resort by a member of staff.
The all inclusive buffet was of a very high standard with chefs also cooking to order within the buffet option. We also sampled the a la carte menu one evening sitting directly on the beach which was very memorable & worth the additional cost. The tea house at the end of the jetty is another special place to go with fantastic views, coffee , cakes & chocolates.
The island itself is reasonably large and frequented by huge fruit bats, henry the heron & rabbits . Turning to the beach, this is gorgeous & we saw mantarays, reef sharks ( vegetarian !!!) , unicorn fish and many other beautiful fish right next to the shore line which kept us busy with our snorkels.
The sunset cruise included in the all inclusive option was another high point where we spotted dolphins playing in the ocean.
There are watersports available , a golf course and I also saw people playing football on a pitch.The spa looked excellent but ran out of time so didn't manage to sample the many treatments.
Entertainment was provided if you wanted it every night in the main bar including cocktail parties, pool golf, DJ, Maldavian dancing etc .There is also a very small selection of shops for gifts & souvenirs.
The main bar and restaurants had sandy floors as did most of the island, so we were able leave our shoes behind from the moment we left the sea plane until we went home which was fun.
The staff were all very helpful during our stay especially the chefs & bar staff who got to know us very well.
Overall, a wonderful place to stay & we would go back without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kuredu Island Resort & Spa, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Kuredu, in Lhaviyani Atoll. It is 1800 meters long by 325 meters wide, about 57 Hectares (143 acres). Your seaplane transfer from Velana International Airport is a scenic, 40 minute flight. The 383 Rooms include 10 Sultan Pool Villas including 1 Villa Family Suite, 50 Sangu Water Villas including 1 Honeymoon Suite, 100 Jacuzzi Beach Villas, 93 Beach Villas, 90 Beach Bungalows & 40 Garden Bungalows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kuredu Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuredu Island Hotel Kuredu
- Kuredu Island Resort And Spa
- Hotel Kuredu Island
- Kuredu Island Maldives
- Kuredu Maldives
- Kuredu Island Resort Maldives
- Kuredu Island Resort & Spa Maldives