“Wallowin at the Whale's Tail”

The Whale's Tail Beach Bar & Grill
Ranked #32 of 68 Restaurants in Miramar Beach
Reviewed 9 November 2017

My friends and I were in walking distance, and decided to go there for lunch. I couldn't stand it, I had eaten good all year so I got the fried shrimp. I was not disappointed. It was fried perfectly. Slaw good, hush puppies could have been a little larger, but tasty none the less. We split a calamari appetizer, it was a tad greasy, but tender and wonderful. We sat outside and between the food and the seaside it was a wonderful day. Good service and good food.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Good location. Great bloody mary's.
Food is a little bland, but does the trick while on the beach.
Staff is very attentive.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Extremely casual, open-air restaurant (with an indoor area as well) overlooking the public beach and the gulf. Outdoor seating is on a covered, raised porch, with picnic table seating.

Food options were basically fried, fried, or fried: baskets, sandwiches, etc. Even the appetizers were fried, but couldn't find a single option we thought was edible. The broccoli and bacon cheese bites were horrible, and the bacon wrapped jalapenos were chewy and totally unexciting.

However, the Mai Tais were outstanding!!! Large 16 oz cups of pure heaven for like $7. Should have just drank lunch.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

We've gone to Whale's Tail for years. The main courses seem better the past 2 yrs than in past. Good fried shrimp & fish this time. The view from the deck is awesome since you simply climb the stairs from the beach to get there. They have a large proportion of Russian or E. European waitresses & Nikki took good care of us with quick, pleasant service with only an initial misunderstanding I guess due to accent. The side dishes are kind of so-so: mixed vegetables, a small piece of boiled, frozen corn & a scoop of bland white rice. Meh, but so long as they're getting the seafood right, that's my main concern. Oh, the key lime frozen drink my wife got was awesome. Could have been dessert.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

This was the best part of my Hurricane Irma escape from South Florida. Great view. Friendly and prompt service. Good food and fast kitchen. A very relaxing spot.