“Amazing seafood, incredible view.”
Review of Seafood Cabin

Seafood Cabin
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Skipness
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 38
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish, British
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: We are now closed for 2017. Opening date for next year will be Sunday 20th May 2018. The Skipness Seafood Cabin is a seasonal, family run venue that prepares and sells locally sourced, fresh seafood dishes. It also provides a variety of homemade cakes and scones. The Cabin is set in the idyllic village of Skipness, which makes up for its removed, some may say isolated, location with beautiful scenery, easy walks, beaches, castles and stunning views of the Isle of Arran. The restaurant aims to provide an easy going relaxed atmosphere where everyone feels comfortable and leaves well fed and satisfied! We look forward to seeing you soon.
Reviewed 30 August 2017

I visited this place with a friend yesterday as we were about to start a long journey north from Kintyre. I've never been moved to write a Tripadvisor review before but this place really left a great impression on myself and my friend. We shared a seafood platter, with bread and coffees. Everything we ate was fresh and delicious, beautifully presented and served with some delicious sauces. The mussels, very large helping of mussels seeing as it was coming with everything else on the platter, were the best mussels I have tasted by a long way! Service was friendly and quick, and what a view, with the castle to your left and Arran to your right this must be one of the best views you can experience as you eat in Scotland! I will recommend this place to everyone I can and I can't wait to bring a few friends back here next year!

Reviewed 30 August 2017

You can't visit Skipness without going here. Our two families of seven had a great afternoon here , the weather makes it really, so if your lucky enough to have a fine day then sitting out looking over to Arran ,drinking "Arran Blonde" beer eating the wonderful fresh food is my idea of Heaven. Sofie and her crew do a great job of making you welcome , the Mountains' will return !

1  Thank Geoff M
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

We visited the smoke house and were just going to have tea and cake. But once you see the menu it's hard to resist having lunch. We all had the hot smoked salmon sandwich. This was delicious just enough. There is seating inside and out.
I would recommend

1  Thank Kathrynowl91
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

We arrived just as the lunchtime rush was getting going. The seafood cabin is a real treat. Beautiful setting, friendly staff and the freshest Scottish seafood. Perfect!

1  Thank Sarah m
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Unfortunately we choose to go on a miserable day
It's a long road for a visit to the castle and a average coffee and cake. Mismatch of various chairs and tables did nothing to assist in the ambiance. Looked like a good seafood menu

2  Thank Claymoreruss