“ Great pub”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

We’ve visited this pub twice in the past week and love it. Menu has something for everyone, prices are reasonable and the food is very good. I can fully recommend the risotto, garlic bread and shepherds pie. James loves his job and creates a friendly and happy atmosphere in this great little pub.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

We called in here for lunch having visited a nearby nursery. The chap that served us was very friendly and wasn’t fazed when my partner was undecided which beer to choose. We sat in the pleasant garden for lunch - my Cajun chicken wrap was delicious, lots of tasty chicken breast, salad and mayo. I passed on the chips but did share those my partner had with his goats cheese and salsa wrap, which he said was very good. The chips we shared were excellent, crisp and salty. We will definitely return for lunch.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

As most places that claim to have Vegan options, very rarely do, I was suspicious when we went to The Butcher’s Arms.

However, if you ask for their veggie pizza without cheese, then you get a lovely, full of flavour vegan pizza.
It does have pineapple on it, which can divide people - but it’s not hard to remove it.

We will go back when looking for an affordable tasty meal, that serves all our dietary pickiness.

2  Thank Colin H
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Myself and family members have been going to this pub between us for years. Usually good food and beer. This was our first trip since I believe it have been taken over. Menu the same but were disappointed with the main courses. Waited a long time and when the main courses came we all felt they were undercooked and or had been standing around for a while (not piping hot). Given the good reviews may be we were unlucky with the timing of our visit. We were given a discount off the meal. A lot of other good pubs in the area so won’t be rushing back to the Butchers.

4  Thank simon c
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I went here after reading the reviews and they were all spot on. The young lady was lovely, so friendly and although she was on her own nothing was too much trouble. The ribeye steak was so succulent and the home cooked chips to die for. The shepherds pie was very tasty and then the brownie, oh my . Will go again next time we visit our son