All reviews evening meal beautiful village sunday lunch mid wales the pub great food and service old building nice dinner olde world roast beef pie small hotel bank holiday weekend a lovely stay staff were welcoming popular with the locals on arrival
Reviewed 27 June 2018

A group of us had pre-booked in for a Saturday evening meal after a long day of travelling. We ordered a few drinks then waited to be seated. Unfortunately there was an issue with the ales on tap but we all got a laugh and appreciated the effort put in by the bar staff trying to rescue a few pints when the pumps decided they weren't playing.

We were seated together, no mean feat considering the group of over 20, and the food was promptly brought out to us. I hadn't ordered a starter and that was probably just as well, because my main course of chicken breast wrapped in bacon served with stilton sauce with veg was more than enough and really delicious too. The staff were a special credit to the restaurant, incredibly attentive and pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Great little pub in a great location. Drove past it many times. But yesterday we stopped for some liquid refreshments and light snacks. Great selection of bed and very reasonable prices food. Lovely staff who made us very welcome. We will be back

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2018

Tried this place a second time. The jacket potato was very large and the cheese was fresh. The potato leek soup was rich and warm and I enjoyed dipping my bread into it. The staff was very friendly and eating outside was quite nice as we had the whole place to ourselves.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Booked a room at short notice here. Friendly attentive staff. The room was comfortable with all necessary facilities available. I did not eat in the restaurant as I had eaten earlier but would if staying there again as the menu looked good and plates being served looked appetising.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 May 2018

I had a great time staying at this hotel, although some people might think them a bit basic I found the rooms very comfortable. The staff were very pleasant. The food was excellent and I was spoilt for choice..

Room Tip: Try for rooms 1 to 4
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo