“Only Way to See the Exumas”

Starfish The Exuma Adventure Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Starfish Adventures is the ultimate source for fun and adventure. Tour options include our very popular PRIVATE CHARTERS, 1/2 Day SNORKEL tours, KAYAKING or SUP board paddle tours to Moriah Cay National Park, 1/2 and Full Day REEF or OFF SHORE FISHING CHARTERS, CASTAWAY GETAWAY or LAND TOURS. We specialize in customizing tours for individual parties needs. Enjoy island hopping, large sandbar, amazing snorkeling, shelling, paddling remote mangroves, beautiful secluded cays/beaches, viewing and learning history of our breathtaking island can all be a part of your unforgettable experience with Starfish. We also RENT Water sports gear including Kayaks, Angler Kayak, Stand Up Paddle boards, and 16 foot glass bottoms boats.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Wheeling, WV
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Only Way to See the Exumas”
Reviewed 20 September 2011

We took the Staniel Cay tour with Starfish during the first week of September and it was one of the best days that I can ever remember! Before I get into the fun stuff of the trip, I wanted to say how impressed I was with the service and professionalism of this company before we'd even set foot on the boat. The four of us (two couples staying at Sandals Emerald Bay) had seen reviews and recommendations to see all of the cays during our stay and we started looking into tour options several months prior to our trip. I shot an email to Lyndsay and she responded right away which I really appreciated. During the months leading up to the trip, she kept in contact with me and worked with me on pairing our group of four with others so that we had the right amount of folks to have a great day. We arrived a week after Irene, but Lyndsay didn't miss a beat. We still didn't have enough folks confirmed by the time we left home, but Lyndsay took my contact info at the resort and promised to get in touch once she had more information. I hoped that she would, but I prepared myself for the possibility that we'd not hear anything. True to her word, she called with news that she'd booked four other folks for the same time period and the trip was on. For those of you who take care of the planning for things like this, you know how awesome it is to deal with someone who is responsive, professional and true to his/her word. Do not hesitate to email or call these folks if you want to see the Exumas!

The trip itself was beyond amazing. The cost was about $150 less than the tour offered at the resort (sorry Sandals; I'm sure yours is really great as well, but c'mon - $375 per person??) and we saw things that I used to think only existed in movies. Neville, our captain and his first mate, Scott, took us to see all of the sights you've read about – swimming pigs, endangered iguanas, Thunderball Grotto, the sandbar and a fantastic lunch at Staniel Cay Yacht Club (all included in the price, as well as the 20-25 minute cab ride to/from Neville's boat and water/soft drinks). Neville and Scott were a lot of fun, had lots of info about the cays and we felt completely safe and free to enjoy the day. Honestly, it didn't feel like we were out on a tour with a guide; it felt like we were out with old friends for a fun day on the water. This day truly gave me several of "those" memories (you know, the ones that you remember a lot more vividly than some others) that I will hold very close for a very long time – all of the fish swimming so close that they bounced off my snorkeling mask, the underwater/muffled sound of all of us giggling at all of them, the water and sky both being so clear and blue that I couldn't tell where one stopped and the other began, laughing with Neville, Scott and the other folks while enjoying a Goombay Smash (big shout to John, Tracy, Courtney and Andy if you're out there) just to name a few.

Sorry this is so long; best way to sum it up is that the cays that comprise the Exumas are amazing in many, many ways – the only way to see any of them is with Lyndsay, Neville and Starfish!

Visited September 2011
5 Thank jb34
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Scranton, Pennsylvania
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Worth every penny!”
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We did the full day Staniel Cay Tour. This was an experience we will never forget...the swimming pigs, thrunderball grotto, feeding the iguanas! Neville and Lyndsey picked us up at our Sandals resort and our adventure began. Even before the trip Lyndsey kept in contact with us to keep us up to date with the weather and number of people on our trip. They also gave us the incentive to find more people at our resort to lower the cost for the trip. (Even at the start, booking with them was half the price of the Sandals group!) I highly recoomend this touring company and would absolutely use them again!!

Visited November 2010
1 Thank ampru98
Tampa, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome Trip”
Reviewed 2 September 2011

We booked a private charter with Neville and Lyndsey during our visit to Sandals.

From the start they were very responsive to the email requests for booking and we felt very comfortable with them.

In order to give you the best experience they are very conscious of the weather. They changed the day of our trip and it worked out perfect!

Our trip started with them picking us up from Sandals. We meet them at the front gate and off we went.

They have a beautiful Manta boat with plenty and comfortable for the ride out.

We stopped at Stocking Island and hiked to the top for a great view of the harbor.

We then ran over to Starfish beach and Neville found us some amazing starfish. The water was crystal clear and we swam around a while.
Neville and Lyndsey took us into the harbor to a place called Blue Hole. It's a cool underwater cave the goes all way through then island and on to the other side. Lots of fish and we snorkeled there for a while.

Then it was off to the Chat n Chill and had a great lunch. It's a very cool place to hang out.
Once we were done we swam and walked along a huge sandbar near Man o War Cay.

The highlight of the day, we went snorkeling at Fowl Cay

It's a very shallow reef that is full of all sorts of fish.

Neville and Lyndsey are great people and make you feel like an old friend.

I cannot recommend them enough. If you are in Exuma take a trip with them!

Visited August 2011
3 Thank Todd827
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Believe the reviews- WONDERFUL!”
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Lyndsey was wonderful! I'm sure Neville is equally wonderful- but he happened to not be on the tour that day as they were having something replaced on their boat. Just goes to show that they will make it all happen if possible! They arranged for another boat and driver- the wonderful Ray, and we were able to do all that we had planned.

I emailed with her for months about trying to decide which trip to take- she very patiently responded giving us many options to chose from.

My husband and I ended up doing a private charter- worth every penny. We first went to Hamburger Beach- wonderful for the views and shells. Next stop- snorkel spot in a harbour near a cave. Ray dove down much further than we could- and graciously offered to use our camera to snap pictures of the spiny lobster and puffer fish below.

Next stop- snorkel stop 2 over a reef- nature's own aquarium! Straight off of something you would see on tv- just pristine and incredible! Spotted a nurse shark, conch, and numerous fish and coral of course.

Stopped at Chat N Chill for lunch- must go there for their awesome food and goombay smash! They'll sneak up on you- but worth it!

Stopped next at a deserted sandbar, walked around and got to pick up some giant starfish!

Last stop- beach stop for two- deserted beach with two chairs, umbrellas and a cooler. Just perfect.

They picked us up/dropped off from Sandals (Sandals is a little funny about outside tour companies- they prefer you go through them) so must meet at the gate.

Lyndsey is so friendly and knowledgeable about the area- this excursion was a highlight of a wonderful trip!

Visited July 2011
2 Thank 101beachgirl
Toronto, Canada
“Great adventures, beautiful scenery, awesome time!”
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We did both the Staniel Cay tour and the snokelling tour (with the Chat n Chill lunch).
Staniel Cay - On this full day tour we really got to see the Bahamas! The beautiful waters, sandbar, iguanas, swimming pics etc...Lunch at the yacht club was great. Neville was the tour guide that day and he was great at filling us in on the Bahamas and super friendly!
Snorkelling tour - Both Neville and Lyndsay showed us around on this tour. This tour takes you to the other end of the island and shows you even more amazing waters/beaches! We were able to hold starfish and saw some really neat fish (including a barricuda!!) while snorkelling. We ended the day at chat and chill having great food (the pig roast is a must) and chatting with both Neville/Lyndsay and the others on the tour.
Overall the tours were great....Neville/Lyndsay are great guides and really friendly which made the trips very enjoyable. It's definitely a must to get off the resorts and see the Bahamas and Starfish Exuma does a great job at showing you the sites!

Visited June 2011