All reviews fish randy jr sharks ocean
Reviewed 2 May 2017

I have just returned from a 2 week stay on the island and this is a must place to visit. The staff are all very friendly and the manager JR is one of the nicest people you could meet. The resort is very clean and the food in the main restaurant is very tasty. You have to visit the marina area before you leave as it is a great place to sit and have a beer in the hot sun. If you time it right at the marina and get there for around 1500-1600 when all the sports boats get in you may see them feeding the sharks which is a truly amazing site.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

Nowadays there are so many destinations to visit. If you are fortunate enough to make Hawk's Nest your choice consider yourself a lucky traveler. It feels like a true getaway with time and tranquility for rest and rejuvenation. There are spectacular ocean views, blue skies, fresh air, remote beaches and more. The ocean is clean, clear and incredibly blue. Accommodations are very comfortable and the clubhouse offers excellent dining selections and an honor bar. Bahamian cinnamon toast is a favorite and the fish dinners are delicious. You can't beat the catch of the day. There is a commercial airport on the island as well as a private airstrip and marina at the resort. Hawk's Nest also hosts fishing derbies. We enoyed every moment of our stay. The hospitality of our hosts, Jerry and Jane, is greatly appreciated. Thanks to the manager, JR, and her competent staff as well. They say that Hawk's Nest is the most "inn" place among all the out islands. It's true. Until we meet again, Barbara and Mike Daly

1  Thank MIke D
Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

We landed on the resort's adequate runway, tied our Cessna 182 down, and walked a 100 feet to the office. I arrived a bit travel sore, and the goal of not getting into a car to go anywhere for at least 3 days. Hawks Nest was so much more than what I hoped for. We fell asleep listening to waves washing on the beach, found amazing shells as we walked for hours along the shore, and observed sea up close from the bank. A short 1/4 mile hike/bike took us to the marina, where we checked out the yachts, watched the charters returning, and had uncountable sharks attack the discarded fish guts below where we stood on the dock. The restaurant offered an ok selection for breakfast, but all of it was good. The lunch menu had more choices, with the tuna salad sandwich being the best I've ever had! The dinner menu had typical choices, along with some Bahamian specialties. I recommend the "Catch of the Day." FRESH - and the meals were amazing in taste & variety. Bikes, walking and swimming balanced the uncluttered space for reading. But, it wasn't the beach, pool, or even the weather that made this getaway so wonderful. It was the people, staff, other guests, and owners that makes above most resorts. Quiet reflection is respected and supported. Also, there is space to make new and interesting friends. I hope we get to return to this paradise. Really, I found myself unable to decide if it was the perfect place for a family gathering, or an artist retreat.

Reviewed 22 March 2017

I have no idea about the resort as we came on a boat - so it may be as wonderful as others say. The marina however, was the most expensive I've been to in three continents, and nothing came with the price - as in they wanted more for Electricity than many marinas have charged for the whole boat for a night. The showers were clean, but low pressure. The water was also metered and the price was high. The gas was more expensive than anything I have seen even in Canadian spring surge prices. Avoid this marina if you are not a massive fishing boat. Unbelievable amount of no-see-ums.And the staff was "uncommunicative". There are no facilities such as shops or dockside restaurants. A sad disappointment.

Reviewed 1 May 2015

JR and Randy Thank you for a great time at your resort. I have stayed at your resort before and had a spectacular time so I included it as a stop on our group flying tour this year. We traveled around the islands for a week spending two or three nights at each resort and Hawks Nest was the favorite resort by everyone in our group. Your wonderful support and meeting us at the airplanes to set up our lunch orders so we could be on the boat within an hour and be catching fish within two hours of landing on the island was outstanding! One of our guest stated catching a large fish was on her bucket list and catching the Mahi Mahi accomplished this - nice work. We really enjoyed the way your cook prepared the fish for us over the next two days (Sashimi, blackened, grilled, fried fingers, and tuna salad) Look forward to another trip for some fantastic relaxation and excellent fishing. Joe Kuberka Blue Goose Aviation

Room Tip: All the rooms are clean, simple, and have an out of this world view out the patio window
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple