Small Hope Bay Lodge
  • Restaurant
Kamalame Cay(Andros)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Albany, The Bahamas(New Providence Island)
  • Pool
All reviewsdive staffshark divebatik factoryconch frittersandros islandblue holejeff birchall inclusive resortother guestshot tubdive resortsummer campgreat divingnew friendslaid backfishnon divers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 November 2011

The lodge has nice rooms and great food. You have to try their "conk fritters". The drinks were great and we truly enjoyed our stay. Even though this is a dive shop; we went fly fishing for bonefish.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank HarborTownFlyFishing
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Having been in the Hospitality industry for over 30 years, I was impressed by the staff of the Lodge...they were very helpful and displayed an excellent attitude. The food, open bar and the accomodations were above average. The bonefishing as well as the atmosphere of the Lodge was great. I would highly recommend this venue and perhaps when I return next year I will try diving or snorkeling

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Frank L
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I loved being here - the water is beautiful, the dives were amazing, the open bar was exactly what I needed! But I always tell everyone I loved it so much because of the people! The people who visit and the staff made the trip fantastic. Everyone is easy going and FUN. I'll let the picture of Sassy and Scuba speak as my recommendation of Small Hope Bay Lodge :)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank 1Bahamama
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I can't recommend this highly enough. It is beautiful here, the classic island getaway. There are trips that leave the island every day to go snorkeling or scuba diving. They can set you up with a guide to go bone fishing, or give you bikes to go to the Blue Hole with. The Blue Hole is a very deep crater that was left over from the glaciers. You can dive in, or use the steps. There are more advanced scuba dives, (including my favorite, a shark dive) and lessons for beginners. They have all the equipment. And of course, you can just walk along the beach. At dinner, arrive early to grab some conch fritters. As unappetizing as fried sea snail sounds, it is delicious.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Travelschooler
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Our family vacation at Small Hope was exactly what we were looking for. Relaxation. Getting away from the hurry of everyday life. We aren't divers, but 2 of us tried it. We snorkeled and swam, went for a bike ride and spent time together! Since it is all-inclusive, we didn't have the stress of figuring out where/what to eat..just showed up at meal time (and the food was wonderful!! ) I would recommend SHB to everyone and hope to return someday.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family