“DELICIOUS!”

Bertha's Blue Dinghy
Ranked #27 of 126 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Bahamian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Off the beaten path. Very small most people that revew it stayed at the Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach. Greatly deserves a review.
Reviewed 19 February 2018

I got the best tip from a local taxi driver! I asked him where he would take his family for lobster dinner and he told me Bertha's was the place to go! Boy, was he right!

This restaurant may not be the fanciest place, but I can tell you without a word of a lie, Bertha makes the best crab salad and lobster dinner around!

The food is fabulous, the view is breathtaking and Bertha and her daughter were wonderful company.

Thanks so much for making me feel like a Queen!

God willing, I'll be back some day my friends!

Until then, Cheers!

1  Thank Lynn B

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

This is the best meal I have had in Grand Bahama in the 15 years I have been coming here. Wonderful beach, friendly hospitality and top of the line cooking. I don't believe there is a menu so we stopped in earlier in the day and asked what she had for dinner for 5. She let us know and we said a sampler would be great. Salmon, wings, lobster, peas and rice and conch fritters. All top of the line and Bertha was a joy to visit with. We will be go back again before we leave this time and we plan to come back on every trip from now on!

Reviewed 6 January 2017

We met the owner (introduced through the rugby community) one evening, and he extended an invite for the boys to come for dinner, well, I can speak for all 7 of us, he (ok, perhaps Momma helped in the kitchen as well) cooked us some of the best Red Snapper and chicken this Canadian boy has ever tasted!

Washed down with many cold beers, we sat outside and enjoyed the ocean and beach view, the music, and the owners company for hours, we can't wait to organize a team dinner in April on our next visit...for 40 of us!

Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

Been on GBI for a week trying various places. Mostly good.

We drove into Bertha's - very quiet. Asked if they were serving food- choices were chicken or lobster. We asked for 3 lobster.

Nice time waiting watching the beach with cold beer and cocktails then the best platter of lobster tails salad and fries ever.

More cold beer to wash down a brilliant beach lunch.

Can't recommend highly enough. The logo on the frame says it all.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

This is just a little place on the ocean, but the owner (Adrian) and his mom made the day for us. We were a group of rugby players, and had been on a team boat cruise which dropped us off further down the beach at another beach bar, one of my mates recognized the sign on the front of the restaurant, and 6 of us ended up at the Blue Dinghy for dinner, not returning to the boat cruise!

Adrian made us a multiple course meal of chicken, fish, and the red snapper was absolutely amazing!

We did not have our wallets with us, so Adrian drove us back to the Lucayan market after dinner, we retrieved our wallets and paid not nearly enough for what was the best dinner we had on the island, authentic Bahamian dishes served by a great family!

The Canadian boys wish to thank you for a tremendous evening, and many thanks for the hospitality!!!