Pelican Bay at Lucaya
US$ 115
US$ 240
US$ 225
  • Breakfast included
Bell Channel Inn(Freeport)(Great Value!)
US$ 112
US$ 149
  • Pool
Sunrise Resort & Marina(Freeport)(Great Value!)
US$ 102
Royal Islander(Freeport)
US$ 96
US$ 88
US$ 140
US$ 70
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,030 results
All reviewssabor restauranttaino beachfree ferrywater taxiseparate bedroomacross the streetnespresso machineevery morningupgraded to a suitequiet poolregular roomoverlooking the marinagrand bahamavacation expressswim up barflying fishyogurt
Reviewed 31 March 2012

The hotel is beautiful and so are the rooms. We have an amazing view of the port and a nice private balcony. We had fresh pastries delivered to our room every morning. Although, they came around 6:45 and were very noisy. The room was very clean and spacious. Very comfortable couches and a nice TV. Room service came to our room an hour before we were supposed to check out and when they knocked on the door, we asked them to wait, but they came in anyway. That is just about the only bad thing I can say about Pelican Bay. The location is perfect, It is just a short walk to the marketplace and alot of different restaurants. There are three pools and never anyone there. The people at the front desk were pretty friendly and helpful. You can get breakfast upstairs. It is on the top floor and there are no signs telling you where to go. We had to find it on our own. You can also use your room key as a free pass to take the ferry over to Taino Beach. The beach and pool area are beautiful! Definitely worth checking out! The ferry normally costs $5/person round trip. The hotel restaurant, Sabor, had pretty good food and ok service. I noticed that alot of people on the island were not very happy people. I would be happy if I was living in paradise. The hotel is a little bit on the expensive side, but probably worth it. Right next door to UNEXSO and a short walk to the beach. The free beach is behind the police station.

Room Tip: Our room was facing away from the parking lot, so we had a very private balcony on the 2nd floor. It was very quiet and we never heard anyone walking by on the small trail right outside the room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
PelicanBayHotel, Operations Manager at Pelican Bay at Lucaya, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Dear BahamaTravelor,

We truly appreciate the feedback you provided regarding your stay.

We humbly apologize for the inconvenience caused regarding the housekeeping service. We will ensure that it is addressed moving forward.

Your feedback no matter positive or negative is extremely important to our daily operations and we say a happy thanks!

We hope that you return for a future visit to our beautiful Grand Bahama Island...

Della Bridgewater

Reviewed 20 March 2012

This is an amazing property. We had a suite- with a great view of the bay. Everything about the room was immaculate. Anyone criticizing this property is overly critical unless the room they were in was completely different than the one I was given. Book this property with confidence.
My only criticism is that my flight was cancelled so I had to cancel the hotel reservation I had booked separately since I would not need it for 3 nights...and when I got there the hotel would not honor the rate that I had initially booked. That being said every employee I encountered was attentive and friendly. I will definitely be back (just on a different airline).

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Braden11
PelicanBayHotel, Front Office Agent at Pelican Bay at Lucaya, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Dear Braden 11,

We thank you so much for your positive feedback on our property. Reviews such as yours remind us how important it is to keep our guests happy and to continue to exceed your expectations.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you come and stay with us again!

Thank you!
Dominique

Reviewed 17 March 2012

I booked a last minute solo getaway to Pelican Bay Resort and loved every minute of it! It was my first time visiting the Bahamas and the staff was so helpful and welcoming. They called taxis for me as needed and allowed me to use the facilities after check-out, as my flight was not until later that day. I arrived on a Wednesday and was able to get to the Fish Fry at Smith's Point..do not miss it if you're there on a Wednesday. Sabor restaurant (on site) was delicious and reasonably priced. Mixed drinks were not cheap anywhere but beer was (2 Kalik for $5 at some places). The property of Pelican Bay is really pretty with colorful buildings, beautiful flowering plants and trees. I loved waking up to the sound of the birds singing and the sun coming up over the water. All rooms have a pretty water view but the staterooms have the nicest views of the marina. A nice perk was a free pass to use on the water taxi..for hotel guests only! The resort is right next to Lucaya Marketplace where you can find tons of shops, restaurants and bars. Don't bother paying up front for the breakfast at the hotel. There are inexpensive cafes at the marketplace that serve delicious breakfasts from early in the morning (try Caribbean Cafe and After Deck). The tour booths for snorkel/dive trips and other excursions are right there at the marina/marketplace as well. The only downside is the resort is not directly on the beach. You can go across the roundabout and use the beach but you'll have to rent chairs, etc for 30 bucks a day. You can also check out Junaknoo Beach Club at Taino Beach. I took the water taxi to Taino Beach and walked the 2 miles. A taxi would have been 24 bucks round trip. The beach club offers chairs for 5 bucks for the entire day, as well as great food and strong drinks! Overall I had a positive and relaxing experience staying at Pelican Bay and would certainly return because it was quiet (no kids running around), very clean, staff was so helpful and the property is conveniently located.

Room Tip: Staterooms have king sized beds and pastries delivered every morning, along with the nicest view of the marina. I had a double room that faced north (by the "quiet pool") so the balcony was a bit dark.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 March 2012

This was our second time at Pelican Bay. Our first room was slightly worn and right across from the laundry, but the front desk switched us to a better room no questions asked. The grounds are colorful with great landscaping and the Sabor restaurant is inexpensive with decent food. One bartender, Erica, made the trip for us, she was genuinely very sweet, kind and attentive. She definitely works long hours but she never stopped smiling.

Our only beef is the ferry to and from the beach is only once an hour so you're at the mercy of a schedule that's not really convenient and counterintuitive to a relaxing beach vibe. If it were to have run every half hour, that would've been perfect.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We booked this last minute trip to the Pelican Bay not knowing how our experience would be, but all I can say is that it was fantastic. We were there for four nights, 5 days. We booked a garden view overlooking the pool and the waterchannel.

First day upon our arrival, we were greeted by Karen, who proved to be a wonderful host throughout our trip. We had minor shower problems which were fixed right away along with two free water bottles (usally 3 dollars each) were delivered as a good gesture. I asked too many questions throughout the trip and Karen along with others were happy to guide me and answers all my questions nicely.

This hotel is right next to the market place and a convenient walk to the beach. The breakfast was included and every morning we would walk to the top floor of the building to enjoy our morning meal. The view from that side are breathtaking.

I would like to thank Karen and all the remaining staff to make our trip wonderful and booking the nicest tours for us. This was a memorable trip and I would definitely visit again.

Khurram

Room Tip: I hear suites are great.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple