You would have to be really jaded to come up with many complaints about the Pelican Bay resort at Lucaya. The location is excellent with most of the large and spacious rooms overlooking the water. I had a suite on the third floor and found the views of sunrise over the palm trees be relaxing. The grounds are well maintained and filled with tropical plants and flowers. Multiple pools on the property and a hot tub which is immediately adjacent to the Sabor restaurant so not much privacy there. Skip the expensive breakfast option unless you crave lots of food in the morning. I found a delightful piece of fruit and two pastries delivered to the "in box' at my door every morning. You can ride the free water shuttle to Taino beach or walk down the street to the free beach access immediately adjacent to the Police station. You will be stopped by security if you try to enter the Grand Lucayan resort property. The Lucaya marketplace is a typical 'tourist village' filled with shops, bars, and restaurants. You will find nice entertainment ( including amazing limbo demonstrations) on the weekends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Grand Bahama Island's most hospitable hotel, the Pelican Bay is a joyful mix of colorful Bahamian architecture and the finest guest service in the Caribbean. Unique waterside rooms and waterside state rooms enfold you in comfort, while offering special guest touches. Renowned standards of hospitality and attention to guest happiness assure you of a memorable stay in the Bahamas.Part of the Pelican Bay experience is located within steps of your room. In addition to our waterfront Sabor Restaurant and Bar, more than 30 restaurants, bars, shops, live entertainment, the Dolphin Experience, scuba diving, snorkeling, and deep-sea fishing trips are a short stroll away.Immediately across the street are two miles of white sand beach, a full service spa, four "Grand Slam" surface tennis courts and a casino. All this is the happy Pelican Bay experience, one you will remember with fondness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pelican Bay at Lucaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Hotel Freeport
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Freeport, Bahamas - Grand Bahama Island
- Pelican Bay Lucaya